John Lewis (Department Stores)

John Lewis (Department Stores)

Review of "John Lewis (Department Stores)"

published 27/03/2003 | micjb
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro They sell everything!
Cons Some staff think they're 'all that' !
Frequency of visit
Price
Layout & presentation
Selection & range

"George Henry Lee"

Recently, the name of George Henry Lee has changed to John Lewis, GHL being the liverpool branch of the JL partnership.

This is because they wanted all their stores under one name. Waste of money?

I dont think so as with the name change there has been some huge improvements to the store like new entrances, better disabled access etc.

But I dont know why they did this as in two years they will move to a new building because the whole of lpl city centre is gonna be re-developed!

They will be in a new shopping centre where there may be a Debenhams and House of Fraser.(some big competition then... lower prices? Maybe...)

Anywayz...

As you go in you are in the cosmetics dept. I have to say that sometimes the staff in this dept are more like steet lights as they are so orange. The smell of perfume is way too overpowering. My eyes water so i dont hang round here for long. Also situated on this floor is mens clothing which is good quality but still way overpriced. The stationary is here too.

In the basement are kitchens, Gardening stuff, electrical kithen/laundry appliances and the Waitrose cleaning products and washing powders. The cleaning stuff part is usually packed with customers, and i dont know why as you can get some products such as Toilet Duck for around 25% cheaper at Sainsbury's or ASDA.

ok...lets skip a few floors or well be here for 20 years...

The cafe is really nice and the food is excellent, but again, its really overpriced. But it's always busy, though. It is very clean and tidy.

Avoid the uniform department on the last day before the end of the summer holls. I had to fight for the last Caldies tie some years ago! yes... thats John Lennon's old school.

Some items are cheaper though. I got some ear phones for my diskman , phillips with vol. control for £4.99 and they were £9.99 in Comet.

So i think it is a good store, overall. And its always usefull when you need something that only John Lewis would sell!

www.johnlewis.com
www.waitrose.com

• dreke published 04/04/2003
    I always try to pop in to this store whenever back in Liverpool, but I haven't been for a while, maybe I should .....great op by the way.
  • noofer published 01/04/2003
    Oh lordy! George Henry Lee's! I haven't been in that shop for years! But then again I moved out of the area 7yrs ago!teehee. I used to get lost in that store! And going from one building to the next via the 'tunnel' was just beyond me LOL. I could never find my way to the loo's either! Oh you've made me think back a few yrs that's for sure! And I totally agree with the uniform dept. Nightmare! Nooferxx
  • vicky27 published 31/03/2003
    I have never been to this shop, but good op,

Product Information : John Lewis (Department Stores)

Listed on Ciao since: 07/12/2000