louisecha... 5

louisechackett

About me: OH MY GOD! Matt Cardle is now following me on Twitter! Watch this space ;)

Member since:05.08.2006

Reminds me of when my son was a baby

15.07.2010

Advantages:
Smells gorgeous, gentle on your child

Disadvantages:
Possible slightly more expensive than other shop brands

How gentle is it?

Does the product work?

Tangle free agents

Fragrance

How easily is it absorbed?Good - absorbs easily

12 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. TheHairyGodmother
  2. stillclueless
  3. mum2boys82

There is just something about Johnsonís baby products that makes me smile, and feel happy when I smell them. I imagine this is something to do with the fact that it reminds me of a time when my son was actually a baby!

I was fortunate that my son didnít have any skin issues and I was able to use the lovely smelling Johnsonís products on him from birth. One of the things I used was the baby shampoo and I still use it on him now and he is five!

The bottle is that familiar clear bottle with a golden yellow shampoo inside. This is great as you can actually see when you are running out and make sure you have more in. There is a yellow cap and the Johnsons label with the logo, and the trademark no more tears slogan. The bottle I have here is 300ml as there was 50% extra free in it when I bought it.

When I smell the shampoo it just reminds me of babies. Of course it doesnít smell like babies as such! Clearly people have been using this product for many years and my association with the smell is that of babies! When I use this on my son I only need a tiny amountÖperhaps the size of a 1p pence and it lathers up well and rinses well too. The bottle really lasts a long time and as such works out as great value for money. Of course the no more tears guarantee is great here as my son can have a real panic when water goes on his face when we are washing his hair! My sonís hair looks shiny, feels soft and smells lovely after bath time. I donít think there is much more you can want from a shampoo for your child really.

It suggests on the bottle that you can use this product on your own hair too and I am sure for some people this is fine, but my hair is a bit thick and wild and needs something more to keep it tame! I did however recently use it to shampoo my dog as I had run out of dog shampoo! Her coat actually looked amazing afterwards and yes she didnít smell as doggy!

You can buy the original Johnsonís baby shampoo in various sizes, these being 100ml, 300ml and 500ml. The price for the 100ml is £1.10 in Boots and the 500ml is £2.79.

You can also now buy some other versions of the original shampoo which all come in a 500ml bottle. These are:

Baby shampoo with lavender for £2.99
No more tangles shampoo for £2.99
Baby shampoo with camomile for £2.99

From these products I have only used the lavender version but it was nice to try something different, which I thought may help with relaxation at bedtime. I am not sure whether it did or not but it did smell nice and do the same job as the original shampoo.

I would thoroughly recommend Johnsonís baby shampoo, a trusted brand for your child that really does work!

Also posted on Dooyoo

hayleigh_18 15.07.2010 19:29

Great product!!

mum2boys82 15.07.2010 18:16

My boys are now 5 and 3 (yikes they grow so fast!) and we still use it! Rebecca Xx

MEL0611 15.07.2010 11:29