Review of "Johnson's 24 Hour Moisture Extra-Rich Body Wash"

published 20/12/2011 | xxfoxyredxx
Member since : 01/10/2006
Reviews : 2005
Am currently popping loads of reviews on here from Dooyoo before that site crashes out completely! Happy to read and rate reviews as always....Christmas is a coming for all us all too soon eh! x Melanie x
Good
Pro Easy to use, nice lotion
Cons Not very highly fragranced and doesn't personally give me 24 hours hydration either
Does it smell good?

"24hour clean feel?"

I don't like Johnson's products at all. I didn't know I didn't and have used them over the years with little thought about them but I don't know about you but as a reviewer you really do become aware of a products good and bad points alot more and take alot more notice of products and this is my conclusion...the brand is overrated!

Over the Christmas period I went out and bought myself lots of new smellies as I was going out alot and wanted some more pampering products as I was planning on lots of loving and partying, not that any of that happened as my relationship fell apart and I didn't much fancy partying after all that trauma but me and my purse had prepared well with anticipation for the party season lol!

I am a bath girl.... however I got through stages I have no time for myself, or actually too much time on my hands. My friends go through demanding phases with me and my feet don't touch the ground from time to time so I'm constantly in a rush to get out somewhere to play with them or/and I'm dating so I do of course use shower products for quickness. However just because I'm having a shower I still want nice fragrance, to feel clean and I like a tad of luxury in the way of some skin softening to go on for me. I'd rather pay a tenner for something good rather a couple of quid for a more everyday shower gel that's mediocre at best. I like to pamper myself after-all and why not!

However when you have a huge shopping list of things you want you either end up not getting stuff or you cut corners slightly and I felt at the time of purchasing this, sure it was cutting corners but I trusted the brand and never felt it was rubbish. Like I say I have had stuff from the range before from way back but never paid alot of attention to any of it but never did I think I'd had something crap as such and actually bought it and looked forward to using it even!

The Packaging...

Well the body wash comes in a light pink 250ml bottle with a matching almost see through plastic flip top lid to the top of it which conceals a small integrated hole of which the product dispenses from (of course lol). On the front I'm told that it's Johnson's 24Hour Moisture Extra-Rich Bodywash, specially for dry skin and that it turns your shower into 24 hours of softness and at the bottom in small writing again I'm told it's a Johnson & Johnson product. On the back I'm told a bit about the product, ingredients are listed, there is a bar-code on there along with the recycle symbol being displayed, contact details for Johnson's are given and finally the size is stated. It's a nice enough simple, slightly girly looking bottle (due to the pinkness) but it's does strike me as more of a functional every day product and doesn't make me feel excited as such to use it simply from looking at it lol

A Bit About The Product According To The Back Of The Bottle....

Johnson's 24hour moisture extra-rich gently delivers 24 hour hydration to leave your skin feeling soft all day long.

Using It....

Well the lotion comes out of the bottle easily enough. It's a white shiny liquid and although it isn't mega thick or anything it has body to it which means you do need to gently squeeze the bottle opposed to it slopping out everywhere so you are completely in control of how much you want to use so it's does appear good quality in that respect and it's simple to dispense your required amount out.

I apply it on a damp body with a scrunchy. It lathers up quickly and releases a slightly floral mixed with fruity smell that's sweet and delicate and not really any distinctive smell comes through. Like I say though this isn't highly fragranced but it is pleasant and although it comes in a light pink bottle it isn't overly feminine and if a bloke wanted to use it I wouldn't think he couldn't because once showered with it only a hint of fragrance (for the short term) is left on the skin anyway.

So it lathers up quickly but then stops suddenly so I do find I need more than usual of this particular product to get clean and create enough lather for me. I find I use rather alot of it actually! However it goes on smooth, it does clean the body and if you want to shave your bits and bobs then fine just make sure you use alot of product so you get a glide going on your skin to avoid nasty nicks and cuts. It rinses off easily leaving no sticky or greasy residue on the skin and when done you simply dry yourself off. Very straightforward to use this lol.

Overall....

This is a very normal body wash in my view and suitable for an everyday shower as it isn't all that rich. It's easy and fuss free to use and does cleanse the skin in what feels like a very gentle way. It doesn't make me feel overly hydrated or anything and no stickiness is left behind and it doesn't dry any of my skin out and I've certainly noticed no blemishes or anything pop up so it doesn't congest my sensitive skin in any way shape or form. I'm not really that keen on it due to no real fragrance being left on my skin. Sure I feel clean enough but not fresh as such and this says it gives 24 hour hydration, well if it does I don't feel it at all though my skin does feel comfortable enough and not tight or dried out but to be fair but I don't really get that usually with other body washes anyway as a rule.

All in all it's ok and that's that!

I bought mine in Boots costing me £2.99 but do look about for this as I have seen it in pound shops up until recently so if interested do keep your peepers open!

This review is also posted on Dooyoo under this same username.

• angelboouk123 published 20/12/2011