Johnson's Baby Bedtime Powder with Camomile and Lavender

Johnson's Baby Bedtime Powder with Camomile and Lavender

Baby Cream/Talc/Oil

Review of "Johnson's Baby Bedtime Powder with Camomile and Lavender"

published 04/07/2011 | tinkerbellprincess69
Member since : 27/12/2010
Satisfactory
Pro Gorgeous Aroma & Gentle on Baby's Skin
Cons Not that Readily Available & it doesn't Improve Sleep!
How gentle is it?
Fragrance
How easily is it absorbed?
Does the product work?

"Johnsons Miracle Powder?"

If you've read some of my other reviews then you will probably know that I am a big fan of the Johnson's Baby Bedtime range of Products, mainly because I adore the scent! I think I've now tried just about every product in the range on my son and the Bedtime Powder was actually the last one I came to use.

I had never bothered buying Baby Powder or Talc etc. because a midwife had once mentioned to me that it wasn't a very good idea for babies (I have no idea why!) but that stuck with me and meant I never bought it, I hadn't found that I really needed it anyway. That was until I saw a friend's Facebook status about the "Johnson's Miracle Powder" that had made her little boy sleep for 12 hours straight at only 4 months old! So I asked her about it and she told me that she was in fact referring to the Johnson's Baby Bedtime Powder that she had apparently applied all over her baby and he had then slept right through when previously he was a bad sleeper.

Of course I was already a fan of the Johnson's Bedtime Products anyway so after my friend telling me about the Powder it didn't take much persuasion for me to go out and try it! I did actually have difficulty in finding this powder as most of the shops I went into didn't seem to sell it, I knew that it was available online at Amazon but I wanted to see if I could find it in the shops before I went online to get it. Eventually I came across a 400g tub in Mothercare for £4.10 which I thought was quite expensive, but since I'd had no luck finding it anywhere else I bought it there and then. Since looking online I've found that it is more or less the same price everywhere so it isn't the cheapest of baby products.

I was very optimistic about using the Powder especially after hearing my friends experience, the powder had the same gorgeous smell as the other Bedtime products and it contained the same Natural Calm Aromas which are proven to aid Sleep. When I was getting my son ready for bed I applied the Powder all over him and particularly concentrated on the areas where I knew he'd be able to smell it the most (the same as my friend had) then I put him to bed and hoped for the best. To be honest I noticed a slight difference in his sleeping in that I think he was a little bit more relaxed and settled, but it didn't make him sleepn through the night!

I was persistent with the powder and incorporated it into my son's bedtime routine, applying it night after night. We did this for several weeks then eventually realised that it was probably a waste of our time more than anything! The only reason we were using the powder was to try and get our little boy to sleep better and it certainly wasn't doing that, so it became a pointless excerice that I was really only still doing for the nice scent, so we stopped. I truely think that it was just pure coincidence and a total fluke that my friends son had slept through the night with the powder and I did notice that she never mentioned it again so I think she must of realised it was coincidence too!

I do still love the Johnson's Baby Bedtime Products but since this is one that we don't really need then I doubt I'll be buying it again. It didn't have any bad effects on my baby's skin either, it was very gentle so for those who actually want to use a Baby Powder/Talc then this one is good!