Review of "Johnson's Baby Shampoo"

published 19/10/2001 | clanmac4
Member since : 09/11/2000
Pro It fully is mild and gentle
Cons None I can think of

"The Mane Man"

Close your eyes and let your imagination wander:

The jungle is quiet and all is still. The morning beckons and the dusk begins to lighten. The dawn chorus awaits the orange glow of the Equator sun rising above the distant mountains. Its rays soon caress the treetops to awaken the dawn chorus. The King rises slowly from his slumber, he stretches and emits a grunt. He moves gently to the watering hole and promptly jumps into the shower.

Now as the water heats up, he reaches for the now familiar yellow bottle and squeezes a small amount into his hand. With one deft movement he smothers the liquid onto his thick blond hair and begins to massage his hair and scalp. A rich lather forms and a familiar sweet smell surrounds him. The foam runs down his face and into his eyes. He blinks, unperturbed and carries on with the task in hand. He rinses the suds from his head and proceeds to wash the other “bits” of his body.

Clanmac4 now fully awakened, gets out of the shower. As he towels himself dry, he catches an image in the bathroom mirror. Behold the dream has been broken, his mane is no more and his balding pate is prevalent again. “Ah well” he sighs, “The harsh light of day is with us once more”. He considers going back to bed to try and re-kindle his dream but then shrugs his shoulders and reaches for the shaving foam!

Johnsons baby Shampoo was introduced into our household after the birth of our first child. It is still used to wash our youngest daughters hair for the main reason that it is gentle and does not sting her delicate eyes. I use it because, well I have little hair and it is cheap compared to the designer shampoos that my daughter and wife use.

I will probably continue to use it for those reasons.

This product is as much a part of British Family life as Fish and Chips and Eastenders! It is a very gentle product that causes no discomfort to the user. It suits children for this reason, especially younger children who, lets face it struggle a bit when getting their hair washed. Given that babies, toddlers and young children invariably have a multitude of sticky particles in their hair and therefore do need their scalps washed frequently, this is the one “Baby” product that does not outgrow its usefulness.

Long may it reign. I just wish my Lions Mane could have also stood the test of time, sob!

This review was read 2041 times and was rated at

• jeszikca published 20/04/2003
    This sounds really nice, but I think I'll stick to my Herbal Essences one for now.
  • yellow26 published 17/09/2002
    Great op! well done!
  • Glorificus1 published 23/05/2002
    nice op on a good solid product :)