Review of "Johnson's Baby Shampoo"

published 09/12/2009 | MrsCullen
Member since : 09/12/2009
Pro Leaves hair smelling beautiful
Cons Hard to grip bottle
How gentle is it?
Fragrance
How easily is it absorbed?
Does the product work?

"Johnsons Baby Shampoo"

Johnsons is a big name in the world of baby, and since I had my eldest daughter over 7 years ago, Johnsons baby shampoo has been a firm fixture in our bathroom.

Easily recognisable, the bright yellow shampoo stands out in a clear bottle, with a matching yellow cap.

It boasts a 'No more tears' forumla, which in my opinion works really well. My girls are wrigglers at bath time, and quite often the suds drop down onto their faces, and they have never had a stinging sensation, or sore red eyes, like you do with some adult shampoos.

Easy to use, just wet the hair thoroughly first, then add a dollop of shampoo, and massage in to create a lather. The shampoo foams up really well and makes lots of suds to cover the hair and give a good wash - a bonus when using an older children with long hair. Once the whole hair is lathered up, rinse out.

Johnsons baby shampoo leaves the hair smelling beautiful, I cant pin what the exact scent is, its just that 'baby' smell! Like a clean, fresh but not overpowering, just nice and subtle.

Johnsons baby shampoo can be picked up at numerous places, most chemists will sell it, plus some smaller stores. I managed to pick my latest bottle up for £1 from a warehouse clearance shop, but prices for a 300ml bottle range anywhere up to £250. Its also available in larger sizes, a 500ml bottle is available.

The only downside I find is gripping the bottle! When my hands are wet and Im contending with trying to get 3 little monsters clean, I often find the bottle hard to grab and it slips out of my hands. This may cause my monsters to giggle but it can be frustrating. I have also found with the last few bottles that the cap can be quite stiff to open, and my latest bottle the cap actually broke right off, but these things dont matter, to be honest.

I am still using Johnsons baby shampoo on all three of my children, even though technically they are not babies anymore. It still gives a good clean, without stinging their eyes, and leaves their hair soft and shiny.

**This review is also posted on Dooyoo**

• paulpry118 published 12/12/2009
    I've started using tea tree shampoo on my daughter since she has started pre-school so I ended up using all the baby shampoo we had and my hair was lovely and soft
  • KateHurst published 09/12/2009
    A really good first review - looking at the state my eyes get in after I wash my hair these days, it sometimes makes me wonder if I should go back to this stuff!