Johnson's Clean & Safe Disinfectant Spray

Johnson's Clean & Safe Disinfectant Spray

Review of "Johnson's Clean & Safe Disinfectant Spray"

published 30/04/2012 | sarahbarrow
Member since : 11/05/2007
Well that was the longest couple of weeks break I've ever had! xx
Pro Keeps my guinea pigs living area clean and (hopefully) germ free.
Cons Could be a tad cheaper.
Design & Look

"Clean, safe and fresh smeling."

As the proud owner of two children, two guinea pigs and a mad goldfish called Dolphin, I am always trying, albeit sometimes unsuccessfully, to keep the general surrounding living areas clean and fresh smelling, much easier said than done!

Now anyone who owns pets will know that simply spraying to cover any unbecoming odours is never the way to go, but as the product I will now review for you is part disinfectant and part odour removing spray, this is surely the exception to the rule!

The product in question is “Johnsons - clean ‘n’ safe spray”.

The idea of this spray is the fact that with it being a multi purpose spray, can be used to clean, disinfect and then deodorise any small animals cage, eating and drinking utensils, bedding, practically anything that comes into contact with said pet, though of course not the animal itself!

The bottle itself is a bog standard pump action trigger spray, which is ideal, you don’t really want a gas pressured bottle around pets, I always worry how it will affect them, even spraying my hairspray on the other side of the house! (On my hair of course, not the actual house!).

How I use this spray is to clean the bottom of my guinea pigs cage and disinfect their feeding bowl, plate (yes, my piggy boys are that posh!) and water bottle, all areas that they have to touch with there mouths and could potential harbour nasty germs.

To use you either spray, leave for 15 minutes then wipe clean, or for the cage itself remove all waste, then spray and scrub clean, which is easier said then done, especially when my boys use a specific corner for their number one’s, it create s a paper mache effect with the sawdust and welds it to the cage floor!

When cleaned and allowed to dry, the cage smells of a subtle disinfectant, and is visibly cleaner, with the added bonus of this being a spray that (once dry) will not hurt the animal you are trying to neutralise the smell of!

One of the other reasons for using this spray is to effectively kill the nasty germs and bugs that are harboured in their cage, especially with the HUGE amount of faecal material liberally strewn across the floor, I swear they hold onto it until the cage has been cleaned, my son was like that with his nappies!

The product claims to kill a number of viruses and bacteria, with there being a wide range listed on the bottle such as salmonella and herpes simplex virus, many of them I am sure contributed to the fact they like to eat off the floor, though the plate does help! (Method in my madness!).

Price wise this was recommended then sold to me at the same time as the guinea pigs from pets at home, and cost me £1.99 a bottle, which (with weekly use) has lasted me nearly a year as very little is actually needed when it comes to it.

For more information visit - www.johnsons-vet.com

This is an ideal product that has served me well so far, and one that I intend on continuing to use, recommended!

Thanks for reading x