Johnsons Baby Oil Gel With Chamomile & Multi-vitamin Complex

Johnsons Baby Oil Gel With Chamomile & Multi-vitamin Complex

Review of "Johnsons Baby Oil Gel With Chamomile & Multi-vitamin Complex"

published 22/02/2011 | Hatty1981
Member since : 07/02/2010
Pro Baby soft skin that lasts!
Cons A little greasy and messy, expensive.
How gentle is it?
Fragrance
How easily is it absorbed?
Does the product work?

"Slippery but smooth!"

I am cursed with very dry skin, which is a great big pain. I had tried so many different creams, lotions etc in a bid to get that fab soft skin feeling that so many people seem to have naturally (lucky people!) but, alas, nothing had worked. Most moisturisers just make my skin soft for an hour or so and then soon it's back to feeling dry and horrible again! Anyway, one day I read something in a magazine about Johnson's baby Oil Gel, and thought, 'well, it probably won't work on my skin so I won't bother wasting my money.' However, last week I spied some in my local Tesco, for just under 3 pounds for a 200 ml bottle. For some reason I grabbed it and put it in my basket, even though I wasn't expecting much!

The next morning, after showering I thought I'd give it a try! So, I squeezed a dollop out onto my hand, and at first was a little bit put off! I hate to say it, but it sort of of had the appearance of spit! Eww! Also, it felt rather greasy, like cooking oil or something. But seeing as I'd already started, I proceeded to slather some over my legs, arms and so on. And, wohoo! I was pleasantly surprised! It instantly made me skin feel good somehow, and sort of shiny and silky. However, the real test with skin like mine is how long these products actually last! And I am happy to say that I wasn't disappointed! At bedtime, my skin felt baby soft and silky, pretty much a dream come true! Normally by bedtime I need to reapply moisturiser but for once this was not the case!

On the bottle is says 'Locks in up to 10 times more moisture. This rich Oil Gel is an intensive moisturiser with Camomile, known for it's soothing properties. It's easy to use gel format leaves no mess. For babysoft and glowing skin, apply on wet skin to lock in up to ten time more moisture. Ideal to moisturise and for massaging to help prevent appearance of stretch marks.' Well, I have to say that it could potentially leave a mess, because it is quite sticky and greasy - after applying I had to wipe my hands a fair bit and I got a few greasy blobs on the floor etc, oops. Plus I don't think it's that easy to use - because when you have to squeeze out another blob your slippery greasy hands make this rather tricky! Still, I think it's worth the hassle for the results it produces! I certainly will be using it daily from now on!

To sum up, this is a wonderful product despite being a touch greasy-stick/messy and I urge all people with dry skin to give it a try! Also, a little tip - I have found that it helps to lock in the scent of my perfume. Normally, perfume doesn't last long on my skin, but if I apply if after using this product then its lasts for many hours! What a bonus!

• VampirePrincessLizzy published 23/02/2011
    handy read :)

Product Information : Johnsons Baby Oil Gel With Chamomile & Multi-vitamin Complex

This convenient, no-mess gel is great for baby massage or for anytime you want to soothe and hydrate your baby's skin. To provide your baby with extra moisturization, gently massage the oil gel onto your baby's skin. Massage is also a great way to bond with your baby. Features: For baby: Clinically proven mild and gentle. Allergy and dermatologist-tested. For you: Locks in ten times more moisture. Use to soothe and relieve dry, rough patches. Leaves skin glowing and baby soft.

Brand: Johnsons

Brand Manufacturer: Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies Inc.

Long Name: Baby Oil Gel With Chamomile & Multi-vitamin Complex

Type: Baby Cream/Talc/Oil

Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Hydrogenated Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Hydrogenated Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene, Fragrance (Chamomile Oil), Tocopheryl (Vitamin E) Acetate, Retinyl (Vitamin A) Palmitate, Corn (Zea Mays) Oils, Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3).

Manufacturer: Johnsons