Johnsons Baby Shampoo

Johnsons Baby Shampoo

Review of "Johnsons Baby Shampoo"

published 11/12/2003 | anwar
Member since : 30/04/2003
All reads gratefully received! If I miss you give me a shout! Thanks for the premium fund ciao!
Pro easy to rinse off,smells great,gentle
Cons too many chemicals!
How gentle is it?
Fragrance
How easily is it absorbed?
Does the product work?

"It didn't make me cry"

Recently my hair had started to look dull and felt greasy to touch. I tried a few different shampoos to try to improve the look of my hair but nothing seemed to make much difference. Following a recommendation from my hairdresser I decided to try Johnson’s baby shampoo. According to my hairdresser one of the main reasons for dull looking hair, is a residue of shampoo. Johnson’s claims that their shampoo is easy to rinse out, so I decided to give it a go.

The product
***********
Johnson’s baby shampoo comes in several different varieties, original gold, camomile (which is great for fair hair) one that claims to detangle hair and the latest version, which contains honey to keep in moisture. The cost is similar whichever one you opt for-£1.89 for a 33ml bottle or £2.69 for 500 ml in Tescos at present. There are often offers on this product.
I tried the original gold version. The shampoo comes in a clear plastic bottle and is gold coloured. It has a yellow label with a red tear on the front. The yellow plastic cap is a useful flip top so can’t be lost. The bottle can be recycled.
Johnson’s claim their shampoo is so mild that even if it gets into a babys eye it will feel like water and will not sting. My little boy enjoys having his hair washed and did not cry when some shampoo went into his eye recently so I guess there is some truth in this claim! Although this product is both soap and alcohol free it does contain the usual number of chemicals, most of which I have never heard. I would prefer to use a shampoo without chemicals for my children and only used water to rinse my children’s hair when they were very little.

The Verdict
**********
The shampoo is not as thick as most other brands I have used and comes out of the bottle easily. It is easy to apply lathered well and rinsed off quickly. One of the nicest things about this shampoo is the lovely distinctive Johnson’s smell. For those of you reading who have not experienced this delight I can only describe it as a clean, baby smell! I have tried supermarket own brands of baby shampoo and have found them lacking mainly because they do not smell as good as Johnson’s.
This shampoo left my hair feeling soft, shiny and clean with no oily residue. When used on my children’s hair the results were equally as good.
This product seems to suit my hair and is great for my children too. I think the price is fair –even better when it’s on offer! I will not be buying a separate shampoo for myself in future.

• hinasif76 published 14/07/2005
    I like Johnson's baby shampoo too. Nice review. Hina.
  • salem_witch published 08/08/2004
    I would never think to use a babies shampoo!
  • louloutrixabelle published 15/06/2004
    My 8 year- old sister uses this, and I must admit she can be over dramatic when it comes to water in her eyes, but with Johnson's Shampoo we don't hear a complaint! Great review! Louise xx

Product Information : Johnsons Baby Shampoo

JOHNSON'S knows bathtime is a special time to share with your baby, and when the two of you are bonding, there's no room for tears. Features: Our classic NO MORE TEARS formula rinses quickly and easily. Leaves hair smelling fresh, and looking beautifully healthy and shiny. Soap free, hypoallergenic, and dermatologist tested.

Brand Manufacturer: Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies Inc.

Long Name: Baby Shampoo

Type: Shampoo

Ingredients: Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, PEG-150 Distearate, Fragrance, Polyquaternium-10, Tetrasodium EDTA, Quaternium-15, Citric Acid, Yellow 10 and Orange 4. May also contain: Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide.

Manufacturer: Johnsons