Johnsons Baby Shampoo

Johnsons Baby Shampoo

Review of "Johnsons Baby Shampoo"

published 05/08/2007 | suttinreal
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Very gentle, cheap, easy to get hold of
Cons None
How gentle is it?
Fragrance
How easily is it absorbed?
Does the product work?

"NO MORE TEARS, FOR YOU OR BABY!"

*JOHNSONS BABY SHAMPOO*

*INTRODUCTION*
I first discovered this product when my younger sister was born, and I joined her at bath times. When I was younger, (and even now) I loved the baby smell, and finally made the connection between the smell and Johnson’s products. By far, this is the best product out of the whole range, as it is the only one I still use since I was a child. It doesn’t seem to have changed a great deal, still being in the same cheerful squeezy bottle and being a deep yellow colour.

*PACKAGING*
The shampoo claims to aid the ‘no more tears’ motto, which I must say really is true. It’s the gentlest product I’ve ever used, a bit like E45 in the cream range. The bottle is very simple, and recently the smooth bottle cap has been changed so a type of plastic less slippery than the previous, good stuff as it’s safer! Johnson’s baby shampoo comes in a range of different sizes, ranging from the 100ml bottle, to the 750 in stores such as Superdrug and Boots. I discovered the travel size 100ml bottle, priced at 99p to be a wonderful small size, great for travelling. However I then compared it with the 500ml priced £2 and thought it would be stupid, as you get 5 times as much for only double the price, and finally settled with the 500 ml

*CLAIMS*
Johnson’s claim that it’s their best ever shampoo to leave you baby’s hair feeling softer than ever before. As I wasn’t able to comment on this, being only 18 myself, I asked my aunty what she thought. She mentioned the fact that babies usually get cradle cap, laying down for most of the day, making the head more sensitive, and said the product was great for her baby. Personally, I could see nothing wrong with the product either. It really is the gentlest shampoo I have used, and was great for my colour treated hair. The shampoo also claims to restore the hairs natural moisture balance, WITHOUT leaving any residue, which is most important for me.

*PERSONAL EXPERIENCE*
After using this product, I found that is was a cheaper and gentler alternative to my usual choice of shampoo (I say choice, as I like alternating products) I use this shampoo ever few weeks, for about a week or two, to prevent product build up. It’s great, as it gets rid of the dirt, without giving me fly away hair. The smell is absolutely gorgeous, and can’t really be explained unless you have experienced it yourself. I can only really call it the ‘baby smell’, mild and addictive, without being over the top. Yep, that should do it! Another plus point is that a doctor actually recommended it to a friend of mine, as she was diagnosed with a mild case of alopecia during pregnancy. Although this is quite normal, she was advised to use baby shampoo throughout her pregnancy and as little heat styling as possible.
However, for those of you who feel your hair does need a little more TLC, I would recommend you use something with a little more natural ingredients, such as protein etc as this may not do the job for you. However it proves very helpful for combination /normal/ greasy hair. In my experience of a lot of hair products, I feel that greasy hair may need something a bit more conditioning. However you could work around this by using a better conditioner, and alternating shampoos every once in a while, as I do!

*INGREDIENTS*
Parfum
Quaternium-15
Tetrasodium Edta
Citric Acid

I don’t really expect to get much sense out of the ingredients, but know that they must be a good blend, as the end product is splendid! I am aware that the shampoo doesn’t really have any natural ingredients, which I usually go for, but this isn’t much of a problem, since I don’t use it continuously.

*OVERALL VERDICT*
I would definitely recommend the shampoo to any potential buyers, as I can guarantee that it will be the mildest shampoo you use. It’s great for those who have scalps which are easily irritated, as the product doesn’t sting or leave behind residue which could worsen such cases. Not only is it beneficial for the baby, but also the mother! However, there is nothing to say that it isn’t for men, go ahead guys, try it! I haven’t yet met a male who has admitted to using the stuff, but will update if I do! Any comments on this would be wonderful.

Thanks :)

• lozzy_lou178 published 13/10/2007
    Great review. =] Lauren x
  • pefidler published 23/08/2007
    Good review. I used to hate the smell of this stuff.
  • CoupeQueen published 20/08/2007
    Great review. As I was reading it, I could smell it! Aly x

Product Information : Johnsons Baby Shampoo

JOHNSON'S knows bathtime is a special time to share with your baby, and when the two of you are bonding, there's no room for tears. Features: Our classic NO MORE TEARS formula rinses quickly and easily. Leaves hair smelling fresh, and looking beautifully healthy and shiny. Soap free, hypoallergenic, and dermatologist tested.

Brand Manufacturer: Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies Inc.

Long Name: Baby Shampoo

Type: Shampoo

Ingredients: Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, PEG-150 Distearate, Fragrance, Polyquaternium-10, Tetrasodium EDTA, Quaternium-15, Citric Acid, Yellow 10 and Orange 4. May also contain: Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide.

Manufacturer: Johnsons