Johnsons Baby Shampoo

Johnsons Baby Shampoo

Review of "Johnsons Baby Shampoo"

published 01/11/2011 | pinkprincess244
Member since : 29/10/2011
Pro tear-free, cheap, smells nice, gentle
Cons none
How gentle is it?
Fragrance
How easily is it absorbed?
Does the product work?

"Great for mummy and baby!"

When my daughter was born, one of our first bathtime purchases was Johnson's Baby shampoo. It retails at approx £3 for 500ml although I have seen it cheaper in some supermarkets, particularly when on offer. Also available in smaller sizes (100ml, 200ml, 300ml) and a big 750ml version.

Although the smells are pretty much the same, you can get a yellow shampoo or a pink one. We bought the pink one as my daughter is pink mad! It comes in a plastic bottle with a picture of a large tear drop and a smaller one with "no more tears" written inside. The lid is also pink. It is a simple design with simple graphics and looks really neat. It is a soft plastic so if baby decided to play with it, it'd be preferable to a rock hard plastic bottle like other shampoos! It also means you can see how much is left in the bottle as it is transparent. The shampoo is either golden or pink depending which you choose.

Johnson's Baby is "trusted by mums for over 100 years" which is exactly why I chose it. I also used their baby bath and more recently their baby bubble bath. All their products boast the "no more tears" technology, unique and opthamologist tested, which means it is as gentle as water and does not sting baby's eyes (hence baby not crying, no more tears).

To use, you just pour a small amount onto your hand, gently lather into baby's hair and rinse. Just like any other shampoo. It lathers very well, very quickly and easily and I am assured it is cleansing my daughter's hair very well. It also rinses off very quickly and very well, and the less time it takes the better as my daughter does not like her hair being washed much!

It has the lovely Johnsons smell, slightly floral yet subtle, nothing strong and overpowering, just a gentle baby fresh smell. It leaves her hair smelling lovely all day. It also leaves her hair very soft, and as it is so gentle to hair, you don't even need to use a conditioner (although they do do a conditioner if you want to use one). It doesn't smell like baby powder or baby wipes, but it does smell baby fresh.

Aside from babies, it can also be used on animals and I've even heard of it being used on cats and dogs lol as it is so gentle. The 500ml bottle will easily last about three weeks with daily hair

I myself have used this shampoo several times, and it leaves my hair lovely and soft and smelling nice, just like my daughter's. It is suitable from birth, I still use it and my daughter is 22 months. She hasn't cried yet!

MY REVIEWS APPEAR ON CIAO AND DOOYOO UNDER USERNAME PINKPRINCESS24 / PINKPRINCESS244

• sweetybi published 01/11/2011
    Great review :) This shampoo reminds me of my childhood, it was my favourite.

Product Information : Johnsons Baby Shampoo

JOHNSON'S knows bathtime is a special time to share with your baby, and when the two of you are bonding, there's no room for tears. Features: Our classic NO MORE TEARS formula rinses quickly and easily. Leaves hair smelling fresh, and looking beautifully healthy and shiny. Soap free, hypoallergenic, and dermatologist tested.

Brand Manufacturer: Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies Inc.

Long Name: Baby Shampoo

Type: Shampoo

Ingredients: Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, PEG-150 Distearate, Fragrance, Polyquaternium-10, Tetrasodium EDTA, Quaternium-15, Citric Acid, Yellow 10 and Orange 4. May also contain: Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide.

Manufacturer: Johnsons