Johnsons Baby Shampoo

Johnsons Baby Shampoo

Review of "Johnsons Baby Shampoo"

published 06/06/2013 | miloh
Member since : 17/03/2013
No need to thank me for well earned "E"s,but thank you for mine.
Pro Does what it promises.
Cons None
How gentle is it?
Fragrance
How easily is it absorbed?
Does the product work?

"CRY ME A RIVER ? ........not with Johson's Baby Shampoo."

I'm reviewing Johnson's Baby Shampoo.
It cost me around £1+ last year and I've since seen it in the POUND Stores .
The plastic bottle contains 100mls.
________________________

***WHY I BOUGHT IT***

Actually I bought it for use on our elderly neighbour who we were helping to care for.

Being elderly and also in bad health her hair was really fragile and I also found that because of the way we needed to wash her hair (she couldn't fully bend forward) she tended to get lots of drips running down the side of her face into her eyes, making me feel awful for hurting her. So I had the idea of buying this due to it's gentle formula.

***USING AND MY OPINION***

I must say I thought that it might not be strong enough to handle adult (if fragile) hair, but I was pleasantly surprised that it only needed a small amount to get a good lather going .
It really is very gentle and feels wonderful to work with. A gentle massaging was enough to get a good lather worked through the hair. Oddly enough I had rarely noticed that kind of thing with my own shampoos....it just passes me by unless I am specifically reviewing a product. But because I was aware that I was using this on a fragile person I was much more critical of it.

It has a nice pleasant baby-product smell , so I was glad of that too because the lady it was used on hates perfumed products.

It rinses out nicely and left her hair soft and clean and even the usual dripping to her eye area caused her no distress at all.

The lady in question is now in residential care and this is still her shampoo of choice there.

*********************

Meanwhile I now look after two toddlers whom I keep with me till 8-9 pm some evenings, which means they get their bath and popped into pyjamas here, rather than waiting till they get home. They have inherited the Johnsons I had left over in my bathroom cabinet and it totally lives up to it's promises by leaving their fine baby hair soft and shiny . As for for no tears ? Absolutely. Shampooing the hair of an active toddler X 2 in a frothy bath involves much "getting stuff in eyes", no matter how careful you are, and I can truthfully say they just pull a face and laugh it off.

I won't pretend I've used it on my own hair. I haven't, but most certainly would if I needed to.

So it delivers on all it's promises as far as I'm concerned.
It washes the hair well, rinses out easily, and causes no tears.... leaving a pleasant fragrance and soft shiny hair behind. Mission accomplished.

Would I recommend ? Yes.

Thank you for reading.~~miloh

Summary: A great baby shampoo from a trusted brand.

• mi_wa published 07/06/2013
    E for you for the story about the elderly lady. x

Product Information : Johnsons Baby Shampoo

JOHNSON'S knows bathtime is a special time to share with your baby, and when the two of you are bonding, there's no room for tears. Features: Our classic NO MORE TEARS formula rinses quickly and easily. Leaves hair smelling fresh, and looking beautifully healthy and shiny. Soap free, hypoallergenic, and dermatologist tested.

Brand Manufacturer: Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies Inc.

Long Name: Baby Shampoo

Type: Shampoo

Ingredients: Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, PEG-150 Distearate, Fragrance, Polyquaternium-10, Tetrasodium EDTA, Quaternium-15, Citric Acid, Yellow 10 and Orange 4. May also contain: Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide.

Manufacturer: Johnsons