Johnsons Baby Shampoo

Johnsons Baby Shampoo

Review of "Johnsons Baby Shampoo"

published 18/06/2015 | justarube
Member since : 09/04/2014
Hi, I enjoy writing and reading reviews. Thanks for your rates and comments. xx
Pro Very mild; has a crisp, clean fragrance.
Cons None.
How gentle is it?
Fragrance
How easily is it absorbed?
Does the product work?

"A Mild Shampoo For Baby and You!"

Why I Bought This

I bought this Johnsons Baby Shampoo product when I was on holiday. There was only a small shop nearby my hotel and this was the only shampoo product they were selling. I bought it for personal use, not for a baby, so my review will be based on this.

Packaging

This product comes in a clear recyclable bottle with a flip lid on the top. This lid is easy to click up although it requires a bit of effort. It can be secured well with no danger of any accidental leaks or any possibility that the lid will come open on it's own during transit. I actually brought it home with me in my suitcase and it was absolutely fine.

The bottle has a couple of labels which are printed with product information. This front label carries a stamp which says this is a "no more tears" formula which is perfect for babies. It also shows me the packaging size which is 300ml.

The label on the back provides a list of full ingredients and some more details about the shampoo.
How To Use

Since this shampoo is formulated for small babies it does not lather up very much. If you are an adult that means you have to use a bit more shampoo to ensure you have enough foam to work through the hair. I tend to use about twice as much as I would any other shampoo.

The shampoo is bright yellow in colour and is thick and as runny as honey. It has a fragrance I can only describe as clean and fresh. It feels cool and silky when applying to the scalp and hair. As mentioned it can take a bit more work to rub up into a foam. I find working on a targeted spot and then squeezing the foam through the rest of the hair and across the scalp works well.

This shampoo feels very mild and gentle. It's fragrance and bubbles don't cause any irritation and do not overwhelm. I can see why this would be a perfect shampoo for both babies and younger children.

The shampoo is easy to rinse out since the bubbles are not that thick. When rinsing out I can feel that my hair is already feeling rather soft and thick.
Results

I always use a hair conditioner after shampooing so this may affect the result here but I'm happy with the way the shampoo cleans my hair and how it leaves my hair feeling. The shampoo certainly cleans the scalp very well and leaves my skin feeling calm and refreshed. I have found that I don't actually need to wash my hair if I don't want to for as long as a week (although I tend to wash every few days). I'm pleased with this since with milder shampoos I often find myself needing to wash my hair more often.

My hair definitely feels softer and somewhat thicker. I do have wavy, naturally frizzy hair so the extra volume isn't something I really love but I do like the bounciness and silkiness of my hair after using.
Overall Thoughts

I'm satisfied with this shampoo although it's not a product I would have normally purchased. I would definitely buy it again in the future as I feel it's a great choice of milder shampoo for the summer months when I am using a lot of styling products and when my hair is naturally drier.

I would recommend to those who have babies and children but I also think it's suitable for women and men too.

This cost me around £2.50 although prices do vary according to retailer. It is available to purchase from stores such as supermarkets and chemist chains in the UK.

• LiveMusicLoverLyn published 20/06/2015
    Nice review and love the title!
  • AnneLorraine1 published 19/06/2015
    vh
  • RICHADA published 19/06/2015
    If I were to wash my hair every day, this is the shampoo that I would use to do it with. R.

Product Information : Johnsons Baby Shampoo

JOHNSON'S knows bathtime is a special time to share with your baby, and when the two of you are bonding, there's no room for tears. Features: Our classic NO MORE TEARS formula rinses quickly and easily. Leaves hair smelling fresh, and looking beautifully healthy and shiny. Soap free, hypoallergenic, and dermatologist tested.

Brand Manufacturer: Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies Inc.

Long Name: Baby Shampoo

Type: Shampoo

Ingredients: Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, PEG-150 Distearate, Fragrance, Polyquaternium-10, Tetrasodium EDTA, Quaternium-15, Citric Acid, Yellow 10 and Orange 4. May also contain: Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide.

Manufacturer: Johnsons