Johnsons Baby Soothing Naturals Intensive Moisture Cream

Johnsons Baby Soothing Naturals Intensive Moisture Cream

Review of "Johnsons Baby Soothing Naturals Intensive Moisture Cream"

published 24/04/2011 | dkm1981
Member since : 17/02/2009
A very active twelve month old means less reviews from mum, but so many toys to review!
Pro Smells great, works well, cheap
Cons None
How gentle is it?
Fragrance
How easily is it absorbed?
Does the product work?

"Smooth As A Baby's Bum!"

Due to the water in our area, I get incredibly dry skin after I've washed my face in particular, so I'm always on the look-out for good value but efficient moisturising creams. I've tried the expensive ones, but for the amount I buy, I just can't afford it! I've tried the cheaper ones and found myself sticking to everything in sight (why does cheap always mean unbelievably sticky) and I've tried everything else in between, to no avail . . . .

. . . until now that is!

I found this on offer in Tesco a few weeks ago and, always a sucker for a bargain, decided to try it.

It comes in a yellowy green tube (I say yellowy green because the other half and I had a 'heated debate' about what colour it is - I say yellow, he says green - and this is the colour we begrudgingly settled on). The tube stands on it's lid, which makes it easy to use and doesn't leave you spending precious time squeezing out every last drop. It's available in one size (100ml) only which is a shame really, because a bigger bottle would probably be better value.

According to the back, Johnsons Baby Soothing Naturals . . . .

'combines Johnsons mildness with a unique blend of Olive Leaf extract, pure vitamin E and skin essential minerals, proven to be more effective that each ingredient alone'.

Now, none of those ingredients sounds like it's going to smell very nice, but the 'magical' combination of all three means that the cream smells absolutely devine. Good enough to eat in fact, although I wouldn't recommend it because it doesn't taste as good as it smells. It has a sweet, fresh smell that is not overpowering and won't irritate you all day.

So, is it any good?

The bottle claims that it starts relieving dry patches from first use and, I have to say, this is a pretty fair claim. It is a really smooth cream that feels cooling and soothing on your skin and moisturises well, without leaving your skin feeling wet or sticky. It lasts for ages as well, I don't need to reapply during the day, although sometimes I do anyway just because I like the feel of it.

What about the price?

I usually pay £1.89 in Tesco for it, although they often have it on special offer (2 for £3 usually) so I stock up then. Like I said, I think it's extremely good value, because it's very effective and easily as good as the more expensive ones I've tried (including Clinique and Clarins).

Overall, I would highly recommend this product - it works well, smells great, is easy on the pocket and fits in your handbag!

• catsholiday published 25/04/2011
    Sounds a nice one.

Product Information : Johnsons Baby Soothing Naturals Intensive Moisture Cream

Dry skin has met its match. JOHNSON'S SOOTHING NATURALS Intense Moisture Cream provides your baby's extra dry skin with essential moisture for 24 hours. To give your baby's skin essential moisture, apply liberally. Gently rub JOHNSON'S SOOTHING NATURALS Intense Moisture Cream into your baby's skin to help soothe, soften and moisturize. Features: Significantly reduces dryness from the very first use. Formulated with an exclusive blend of pure Vitamin E, olive leaf extract and skin essential minerals. Clinically proven to soothe and relieve dry skin. Replenishes moisture essential for development of healthy skin. Thoroughly tested by dermatologists.

Long Name: Baby Soothing Naturals Intensive Moisture Cream, Soothing Naturals Intense Moisture Cream

Type: Baby Cream/Talc/Oil

Manufacturer: Johnsons

Brand: Johnsons

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocoglycerides, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Dimethicone, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Potassium Aspartate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Magnesium Aspartate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Sarcosine, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium EDTA, Fragrance.

Brand Manufacturer: Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies Inc.

Listed on Ciao since: 07/02/2007