Review of "Johnsons Baby Top To Toe Washing"

published 19/11/2010 | reddanni
Member since : 22/06/2010
Pro Just one bottle instead of 2.
Cons Not always easy to get hold of in shops.
How gentle is it?
Fragrance
How easily is it absorbed?
Does the product work?

"Take two bottles into the bath? no just wash and go!"

Bounty packs are a really blessing for new mums filled with products for you to try for your new baby and Johnson's top to toe was one product included. I do remember my mum using Johnson's baby shampoo on me as a child and would probably have brought some of that for my baby so I am really pleased to try this product as it's much more versatile.

The whole point of this top to toe wash is that you use it (and it doesn't take a genius to work this out) for your babies hair and body hence the name top to toe! so you do not need a separate body wash and shampoo. The advantages of this are that when you are holding a baby in the bath trying to open various bottles and wash baby with one hand the quicker and easier this process is the less stressful and worried you are especially new mums. One thing I will say about opening bottles is try to purchase the pump bottle as the trial size had a cap that was very hard to open and need me to hold the bottle with one hand and the other hand to flick the tight cap/lid off so I had to be organised and before picking up baby open the bottle. You can appreciate how many times a sleep deprived new mum forgets this! The only downside to the pump is that it is a pain when you are reaching the end on the bottle as the pump doesn't work

The 100 ml I received free lasted several months (my baby doesn't have much hair!) until she was 12 months old then I purchased my first bottle. Not only is this down to my daughter not having much hair but also you only need to use a very very small amount as it lathers up extremely quickly and easily. It has a faint pleasant smell, not a major factor in whether I would carry on buying something for myself but as it's aimed at babies I would be worried if it had a very strong perfume scent.

My daughters hair is left very soft after washing with this and when at a few weeks old she developed a little cradle cap this wash cleared it up in a couple of washes and it never returned. Therefore it will be a while before she needs separate hair products. How effective it would be on adults hair I don't know as I would never use on my own as I prefer dedicated hair shampoo but my husband has tried and said for his hair it did the job just as well as his normal head and shoulders. It lathers up very well for hair or body with a little bit of water to get it started. As a body wash I think this is as good as any and the fact the hospital that I had her in uses this product reassures me this this a good product to be using.

As for Johnson's 'no more tears formula' I can testify after accidently rubbing my eye with this product on my hand yes it did sting alittle, certainly enough that I would think my daughter would cry if it got in her eye. To be honest though with or without a no tear formula I would still be very careful not to get in her eyes so this really doesn't affect my buying decision.

Overall very pleased and am happy to recommend to new parents.

Available at supermarkets and chemists at around £3.29 for 500 ml with pump dispenser but it's not always in stock so I always make sure I have another one in my cupboard way before this runs out.

• SteffiK published 05/01/2011
    I use this on both my girls and it makes them smell so nice too!
  • shoppingpenguin published 20/11/2010
    Congrats on turning blue :) Sounds very practical
  • catsholiday published 19/11/2010
    I love the smell of a freshly bathed baby!