Review of "Johnsons Baby Wipes"

published 22/02/2012 | PalmaViolets
Member since : 22/02/2012
I am a former journalist and English graduate who has given up her reporting career to look after her baby daughter. When I am not picking up toys and wiping up sweet potato puree I am establishing myself as a freelance writer.
Pro Moist and effective as well as being gentle on skin
Cons Expensive
Dispenser

"Johnson's Baby Wipes - the best by far"

There are many varieties of baby wipe available on the market of varying prices and effectiveness but Johnson's baby wipes are the best.

I go through so many baby wipes day-to-day looking after my daughter and have tried a few different makes to see which are the most effective. It is tempting to buy supermarket own brands to try and save on cost but in the case of baby wipes I have found you get what you pay for.

I would therefore recommend spending a bit extra on Johnson's baby wipes as one wipe will go just as far as two or three in a cheaper brand. What makes them stand out is their moistness. Most other brands are a lot drier in comparison. In this way, Johnson's wipes are a far more effective substitute for soap and water, while still being sufficiently mild for baby's skin.

They have a fresh, light fragrance which effectively removes all traces of food and drink from baby's face and hands. They are as gentle as using cotton wool and warm water at nappy changes and they are also good at removing stains from clothes and carpets, I have discovered.

I have even ditched my own facial wipes in favour of sharing my daughter's Johnson's baby wipes with her. They are gentle on my own skin and eyes while easily taking off make-up.

I have found there is no real difference between the original Johnson's Baby Wipes and the sensitive variety so it really depends which one is on offer in the shops to determine which one I buy. It is certainly always worth looking out for offers on baby wipes and it is best to buy bumper packs of three or four. These retail at around £6 to £6.50 but have been on offer for around £4. A single pack of wipes costs around £2.50 so buying a bumper pack is worthwhile.

Own brand baby wipe bumper packs cost less at around £4 but as I have said, you will end up getting through more.

There is a reason Johnson's are the brand leader in baby products and nothing demonstrates this clearer than their baby wipes.