Joseph Joseph Index chopping boards

Joseph Joseph Index chopping boards

Food Preparation - Chopping Board

Review of "Joseph Joseph Index chopping boards"

published 02/07/2011 | jipp05
Member since : 31/05/2010
Excuse the glut. Don't feel you have to rate all the reviews I'm posting just making the most of the bonus whilst it is still around.
Good
Pro They look fantastic
Cons They don't really do the job they were intended for

"Great design but not up to the job"

Great design but not up to the job

When i moved into my new house i needed absolutely everything so i went on a mad shopping spree buying things. Chopping boards were never exactly high on my must have lists, I knew I needed one but I had never given much thought about it until I laid eyes on the Joseph Joseph chopping board set and knew I had to have them.
Joseph Joseph are a kitchenware design company specializing in modern design led products that are innovative but at the same time they are practical products for use in any kitchen. The chopping boards are called index and they are a set of 4 different coloured chopping boards all contained in a silver storage case.

They are designed to reduce the risk from food poisoning from cross contamination of foods. Each board is colour coded in a different colour to represent different types of food. There is green for vegetables, blue for fish, white for cooked food and red for raw meat. They also have tabs so that when they are in their storage case the coloured tabs stick out of the top so you know what board it is you need. They are made from plastic and are dishwasher safe.

They look absolutely stunning on the work top and really have the wow factor, there has not been anyone who has come into my kitchen and not commented on them so as I bought them for how they look this automatically means they did the job i got them for. For anyone else who is not so style over substance then these boards come with a multitude of problems and are not practical in the slightest.
I actually did try to use them but after the first time I gave in and bought myself a cheap heavy slate one from tesco because they are useless. To begin with they are too light and trying to chop anything was a complete chore because the board would slide and slip all over the work top and after using it only once it looked as though it had gone ten rounds with a machete with massive cuts and marks all over the board. The size is also not great as they are quite small and while this maybe ok for someone only cooking for one for anyone cooking for a family or friends then food would be all over the worktop as there is not enough room on them.

They really do look great but im now using them solely for decoration as they just don't do the job that they are supposed to and for the 40 pounds I paid for them in the shop I feel as if I should have been able to use them for their given purpose instead of just admiring the design of them.

• Nar2 published 02/07/2011
    What a real pity. I nearly went for these - so I'm glad that you reviewed them, well here!