Review of "Josie Gibson's 30-Second Slim (DVD)"

published 25/07/2014 | xd-o-n-z-x
Member since : 13/02/2014
After almost a year off, I'm back!! Looking forward to reading all of your reviews - thank you for all the rates - very much appreciated!! :)
Pro good workout
Cons nothing major
Did you enjoy it?
Educational Value
How good is the content?
How good are the presenters?

"~ * Wish It Was 30 Seconds Slim * ~"

I have been doing Weight Watchers for around 10 months now and I have been eating far too many naughty treats recently and so decided that I needed to start doing some exercise too. I don’t like spending too much money on fitness DVDs as I think that whilst they can be fun to do (to some extent) – I think that they are very expensive, especially as I give up on them after a couple of goes. So when I spotted this Josie Gibsons 30 Second Slim in a charity shop for just £1, I couldn’t resist.

For those of you don’t know, Josie Gibsons appeared on Big Brother a few years ok. Josie lost 3 stone and dropped 5 dress sizes with this DVD. The DVD was released in the United Kingdom in 2012. The DVD is currently available to buy from Amazon for a price of £5.00.

The workout is split into the following sections. Each section is 20 minute long.

• WARM-UP: 4 minutes of easy calorie-burning moves.
• MAIN WORKOUT: 12 minutes of fat-burning intervals & moves to tone up the bum, arms and belly.
• COOL DOWN: 4 minutes of stretches to lengthen the muscles.

I did find the moves hard to pick up to begin with; so I spent the first couple of times just watching it really, but then I soon picked it up.The moves are fairly easy to follow which is good for me as I cannot bear workout DVDs which have complicated moves that I just can’t pick up. So for me, this DVD was good in that respect. I feel you are shown the moves a reasonable amount of times to allow you to pick them up. The moves don’t get too repetitive either like a lot of workouts do, so that’s good.

I like this workout DVD. There are three sections; beginner, intermediate and advanced and each section contains a warm up, main workout and cool down. I am not very fit; I tend to prefer more gentle exercise such as walking. I wouldn’t call myself a beginner, but perhaps I am somewhere around the ‘intermediate’. I started off with the beginner section and found this to be nice and gentle. I then went on the intermediate, this got me sweating and out of breath a bit more. I did attempt the advanced section once and it is quite hard going – I then went back to doing the intermediate one as this is the one I feel more comfortable with. Plus it gives me a good workout.

It’s not an It’s not an extremely easy workout but knowing that the difficult bits are only 30 seconds long makes it more manageable and makes me think ‘keep going it’s only 30 seconds’. I like that you are working hard for 20 minutes as I would rather have a full paced 20 minute blast where I burn loads of calories rather than waste an hour doing ‘light exercise’. So I like that the workouts are ‘fast’ so that you can get them over and done with in 20 minutes. You can either do Josie’s ‘easier’ version or the trainer’s ‘harder’ version which I think is nice. The trainer isn’t annoying either, unlike some trainers on fitness DVDs.

This is a full body workout and I like that fact that all body areas are covered in this workout DVD as it means that it leaves you toned all over. I haven’t been doing this DVD religiously, more like two or three times a week for the last couple of weeks and I have noticed I am a lot more toned all over. As I am doing Weight Watchers I am not sure if my 1 pound weight loss from the last week is from dieting or from this DVD although I am sure this DVD has probably contributed towards my weight loss.

Thanks for reading!