Just Dance 3 (Wii)

Just Dance 3 (Wii)

Review of "Just Dance 3 (Wii)"

published 03/01/2012 | kayleaf
Member since : 26/03/2009
Pro Good Fun, more challenging.
Cons Calibration still not 100%
Gameplay/Playability
Graphics
Sound
Difficulty & Complexity

"Just Dancing in My Attic."

As suggested in a previous review I will be dancing my way to fitness and one of the ways I am doing this is by making use of a Christmas present I received from my partner, Just Dance 3.

I had previously played Just Dance and Just Dance 2 missing out on the extra songs version and enjoyed them both finding that each game got better in terms of song choice, calibration with the camera and your own dance moves and the routines got harder (yet more fun) to follow and practise. Like with it's predecessors' Just Dance 3 has the regular mode Just Dance where you chose a song, follow the on screen routine and gain a high score, Just Sweat mode which is my favourite and great for those who are competitive with themselves and like to see their results on a screen and the Party mode where you dance to the duets and muliplayer songs. Personally I prefer doing it alone as I don't want everyone seeing my wobbly bits but it really is a good laugh and you don't really care when you're doing it however like most of us I live in a humbly-sized house and we probably wouldn't be able to get four people dancing along with us let alone 8 or however many people you can add in the mulitplayer modes.

What I do like about the duets and party songs which I am sure was limited or even non-existent in the previous Just Dance games is that each on screen character has a different dance routine and I really like that you can choose who you want to be rather than being given the first character on the left and so on. It makes the routines a little more challenging when learning them and it gives each player a chance to perform a solo dance routine whilst playing as part of a team.

Just Sweat mode has been updated in Just Dance 3. Like before there are three 7 day challenges which account for easy, medium and hard. I have only tried hard mode as I want to set myself a proper challenge and as said on the game mode description it is supposedly the equivalent of doing 30 minutes swimming. Thats obviously if you actually get up and move for the duration of each song rather than just moving your arms a bit so for me that was the mode I wanted to try and my gosh did I finish in sweaty, sticky clothes. If you give it your all you really notice how much it tires you out and how gross you get. I also enjoy the song category selection. There is a specific selection of songs which have more energetic dance routines and is the first when you try the Just Sweat mode.

I have found this selection to have a good variation of songs including Jessie J, Lenny Kravitz, Chemical Brothers, Katy Perry and Danny Elfman. I have found mostly they have geared towards pop music which is understandable but its great to have a good range of songs to groove to. I have found California Girls to be the easiest dance routine and the one I go back to again and again. I have also found that the routines are a lot more complex and take you a while to get used to. There is a lot more leg-arm-head-co-ordination going on which I found was lacking in the previous games.

Just Dance 3, for me, has been a fun game that I can have a crazy dance to for half an hour and it's helping me feel more energetic and lively than I'm used to. I'm also sleeping better because of the exercise and it's forcing me to drink more water which can only be a good thing. Obviously this is not a guaranteed weight loss plan or anything but its helping me and its great fun. Plus its something you can get the whole family to get up and do so I would recommend this game to anyone that wants to get more active or just isn't confident going to an exercise class or just wants to have a bit of fun with friends.

• ithoughtyoudneverask published 03/01/2012
    This is so much more fun than running or whatever! A great way to get moving although I do get a bit bored of the songs after a while