Just Dance (Wii)

Just Dance (Wii)

Genre: Music/Rhythm - Publisher: Ubisoft - Age Rating: 3+

Review of "Just Dance (Wii)"

published 11/02/2010 | benjis_mum
Member since : 28/05/2008
Pro Great fun, good exercise, brilliant songs
Cons Not responsive enough, no scoreboard
Gameplay/Playability
Graphics
Sound
Difficulty & Complexity

"Just Dance your way to fitness!"

We bought a Wii in November 2009 about six months after I said it would be a great thing to have as we'd only got a PS2 and were getting a bit bored with those games. My boyfriend brought the subject up again and has since taken credit for having the idea to get one - well he's not about to admit it was someone else's idea, is he?

Anyway, I bought Just Dance from Amazon for about £18 and think it was well worth the money. You don't need a dance mat, just a Wii Remote in your right hand and off you go. Now, it's not terribly accurate. You can be doing exactly the same as the character on the screen and it doesn't register but for me it's more about the exercise. It takes some practise to learn how to hold the remote for the different songs, just try tilting you hand a bit and you should find you get a better score. Experts say you can burn around 400 calories per hour by using this game which I think is brilliant. Obviously the more effort you put into it the better.

The 30-plus songs are fantastic, there's something for everyone. There's probably only a couple that I don't like, one of them being Mashed Potato Time. My favourites are Pump Up the Jam and Jin Go La Ba. To play you just follow the character on the screen and you get rated by how well you're doing. You score bar goes up as you go, the more correct combos you get the more score you get.

There are various game modes and you can play with up to three other people. You can choose each song as you go or opt for the automatic song selector. There's also a game mode where you have to stop when it tells you too, holding a pose which is fun.

The only problem I have with this game is the lack of a scoreboard. It does record the best score for each game but doesn't tell you who got that score which, for us, leads to arguments :D

Just Dance is also helping me to lose weight, since having it I've lost almost two stone by counting calories, walking and using Wii Fit and Just Dance.

(Also reviewed on Dooyoo)

• Angela150 published 11/02/2010
    A very helpful review...
  • dynamicnurse published 11/02/2010
    This sounds a little TOO energetic for my liking!

offers "Just Dance (Wii)"