Just Good Books

Just Good Books

Review of "Just Good Books"

published 21/07/2004 | gemma80
Member since : 19/05/2004
Pro Cheap books when you sign up, freebies with orders
Cons Nothing I can think of!
Variety on offer
Catalogue
Purchase obligations

"No hidden catch"

I joined Just Good Books after seeing the offers of very much reduced books when you first sign up. You always expect a catch in the small print, but all you have to do is buy something like three more books in six months.
I was really pleased when I got a massive box full of the first books - they were brilliant and kept me going for ages - and the money I saved on the RRP was about £89!
After that, they send monthly catalogues through the post, but no other junk mail seems to have come along as a result, which is good.
You just pay once you're happy with the order - which is usually fairly quickly delivered - either by phoning a credit card line, posting a cheque or doing it online - I've done all three and they've all been fine.
I was a bit worried that the books I had to buy would be dead expensive - but you can easily fulfill your commitment just by buying some books at about £2-£3 each - and the postage is reasonable, especially if you're buying a heavy hard back.
Also, the incentives they give you (for example choice of free book or a mystery free book) are good, and worth getting.
So, overall, reliable, not too stringent a commitment, quick delivery and cheap books. Ideal if you are a bit of a bookworm and read a lot - or want to get hardbacks at a much reduced rate.

ADDED 23/07/04

As some people have requested extra info on the comments - the website address for Just Good Books is: http://www.justgoodbooks.co.uk/

The main categories of books they sell is children's, cookery, fiction, memoirs, mind, body & spirit, reference, thrillers and quirky crime.

It's excellent for things like celebrity biogs, hardbacks based on TV shows (ie Ground Force) and childrens books. Also brilliant for fiction and keeps you up to date with forthcoming releases.

I suppose if you are looking for text books on academic subjects, or really in depth stuy materials you will be disappointed but just for a good read, it's great.

Hope that helps!

• gemma80 published 23/07/2004
    Thanks for all the feedback. I have added some extra information as requested - hope it helps! Gemma
  • magdadh published 22/07/2004
    I would re-rate as VH if you add something on what type of book they offer.
  • MAFARRIMOND published 21/07/2004