Just Good Books

Just Good Books

Review of "Just Good Books"

published 06/09/2004 | blueflo_1705
Member since : 13/07/2004
Pro Great choice of books, excellent discounts
Cons There is a charge for returning books
Variety on offer
Catalogue
Purchase obligations

"Never pay full price for your books again"

I read a lot and so am always on the look out for a chance to buy reasonably priced books. I came across an advert at the back of a magazine for Just Good Books. Their introductory offer was 6 books for £6 plus a free Danielle Steele book. I checked it out online to see what my commitment would be and was surprised that they only expected you to buy a further two books in the first six months of your membership. No problem for me as I usually buy at least one book a month.

I joined online and chose my selection of books. I received the confirmation email almost immediately and the books some ten days later.

I receive regular magazines from Just Good Books, including the Club Extra! Magazine which has some very good deals as well as the usual Buy 2 for £8.98 or Buy 3 for £12.98. They regularly offer 75% off most titles and this where you find your value for money. They have a great range of books in a variety of interests and continuous special offers.

Unlike some other book clubs I have joined, Just Good Books has no Editor’s Choice where if you forget to reject it, you then receive the book and must either pay for it or pay to send it back when you didn’t want it in the first place.

Postage and packing is £1.69 no matter how many books you buy, although if you do want to return a book they charge £3.00.

The Just Good Books website is extremely easy to use and you can easily manage your account online and make payments by Visa, Delta, Switch or MasterCard. Hopefully in the future they will add the facility to make payments by Solo or Visa Electron. I tend to try to manage my account online as much as possible as the telephone customer service line is a premium rate number (0870) and is expensive.

I enjoy this book club and will continue my membership with them – I fulfilled my membership commitment within the first month of joining and am certain I will buy many more books from them in the foreseeable future.

• kitty17 published 18/09/2004
    Like the idea of there not being an editor's choice that you have to reject every month - will have to have a look at this. Ellie.
  • lornski published 07/09/2004
    I have used Just Good Books in the past and remember their P&P being much more expensive which is why I stoppped buying from them. I have moved to BOL now which I have reviewed on Ciao if you are interested. Good review! Lorna
  • MAFARRIMOND published 07/09/2004
    I've always been a bit wary of book clubs but I may well look into this one. Maureen