KIA Optima 2.0 MPI (2011)

KIA Optima 2.0 MPI (2011)

1998 cc - 165 bhp

Review of "KIA Optima 2.0 MPI (2011)"

published 06/08/2017 | ravingreviewer
Member since : 28/03/2014
And now the long haul to Gold is on!
Pro Everything.
Cons Nothing.
Road Handling
Features
Fuel consumption

"The best ride I have had in years!"

In true style to my latest run of reviews on cars that I have been having the privilege of driving recently, my most latest offering is that of the Kia Optima. It is of course as the name would suggest made by the Kia motor company, thus making it a Korean export. With its Korean name deriving from the characters used by their language meaning 'to come out of the east' or thereabouts, Kia is now a part of the much larger Hyundai motor company (although the two do still trade under separate names).

The Optima was first unveiled in 2000 with production properly starting in 2001 and with production on the vehicle still being in process to this day, it took over from the Credos in the Kia stakes. Originally only being manufactured as a saloon style car, it has since 2011 also been made available as an estate version - the one in fact which is being reviewed here today. Coming with a six gear manual transmission generally (there is also a five gear automatic model that is also on sale), fuel tank capacity averages just under seventy litres with the average MPG usage on motorways being about 34 (with other styles of roads differing according to driving style; weather conditions, and so on).

With the overall length and size of the car being not too dissimilar to the Astra estate in my mind, I was a little concerned when first getting in to it as I am a little on the shorter side in comparison to some of my work colleagues. And on sitting in the driving seat what also confused me the most was the fact that there didn't appear to be any way of adjusting the seat to allow me to better access the pedals - however on entering the key in to the ignition and turning it on to the first setting, the seat does actually move forward itself to the correct driving position for you.

Other features on this particular model also include parking sensors (including on some models a rear parking camera); satellite navigation; DAB digital radio, and the ability to link ones mobile telephone up to the system also. And these added extras to my mind do also add further to the much greater driving experience that you get with this particular car, as its ability to handle pretty much any road or driving condition is beyond me. This is also coupled with such a great sense of comfort that you forget sometimes what you are driving, and unlike other car makes you feel better relaxed once you have driven one of these.

With new models starting at just under the £21,000 mark and older models costing less with rental vehicles being marketed accordingly, to me this price is pretty much spot on for what you get and for how the car handles itself - and for me to say this as a person who in the past knew very little about cars apart from driving them and knowing where to put the petrol in, it has to say something about the overall quality of the car. Which leaves me with no other alternative but to recommend it to you over and over, as you will not be disappointed.

Thanks for reading!