Kalms Sleep Tablets

Kalms Sleep Tablets

Review of "Kalms Sleep Tablets"

published 29/04/2007 | Cathiedeee
Member since : 25/04/2007
Satisfactory
Pro Do not taste or smell unpleasant
Cons Didn't work for me.

"Sleep?!!"

Kalms sleep are "a traditional herbal remedy" which contains plant ingredients which are thought to promote a natural sleep.

PLEASE NOTE: It is wise consult a doctor before taking any kind of medication, herbal or otherwise.

PACKAGING:
The pills come in a glass jar with a plastic screw-top (which isn't child-proof, so best keep it out of harm's way - even if it is herbal!) The jar is very easy to open and close.

INGREDIENTS:
Valerian powdered extract
Passiflora Powdered extract
Wild Lettuce Powdered extract
Vervain Powder
Powedered Hop Strobile
Sucrose

WHO IS THIS PRODUCT SUITABLE FOR?
Healthy adults who have problems going to sleep or getting an adequate amount of sleep each night.

THE PRODUCT:
Kalms sleep take the form of round pills, smaller than the size of a smartie. The pills are grey in colour and are sugar-coated. Unlike some herbal sleeping aids, these pills do not smell unsavoury nor do they taste unpleasant when you swallow them due to their sugar-coating. They are very easy to swallow.

For adults, 3 to 4 tablets are recommended to be swallowed with water an hour before bedtime.
These tablets are not recommended for children under 12, pregnant or breast feeding women or those who are allergic to any of the ingredients. Do not take more than the recommended dose and if symptoms persist, visit a doctor.
"May cause drowsiness. If affected do not drive or operate machinery".

These pills come in a jar of 50 tablets and retail for approximately £4.00.

MY PERSONAL VIEW:
I have had problems with getting to sleep for a long time now and I have tried many things to help. Like many people, I am loathed to use drugs and so have tried alternatives first to see if anything would work.

I have tried these pills many times, but in my experience I don't think they help me to get to sleep, but once I am asleep I have found that I sleep for longer and feel somewhat groggy when I wake the next day. However, length of sleep is not a problem for me - it's the getting to sleep in the first place I can't do, therefore I cannot say that they have helped me. However, it is a possibility that they could help those who cannot stay asleep for very long, although as I don't have this problem myself it is only conjecture.

Obviously I am merely one person and what does not work for one may very well work for another. I can only state my personal experience of the product which has not been positive.

WHY I'D RECOMMEND IT:
Although it didn't work for me, it may work for some. Many 'natural' sleeping remedies have very similar ingredients (I've tried a few!) and many smell or taste rather nasty, but these pills were fine and merely tasted slightly of sugar which was rather nice. Of the Valerian-based sleeping aids, these are the most pleasant I have encountered.

WHY I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND IT:
As stated previously, these pills didn't seem to work for me at all. Also, if you are a mother, the non-childproof cap and glass bottle may pose a problem as although they are herbal tablets they are still meant to have an effect.

MORE INFORMATION?
For more information about this particular product, please visit:

• JunePixie published 13/06/2007
    I have tried these and thought they gave me a placebo effect. Won't buy again.
  • tac20 published 27/05/2007
    Nice review. I didn't know you could buy sleep in a box.
  • shelleyone published 02/05/2007