danielcla... 4

danielclark691

About me: Thank you everyone for the reads and rates. All E ratings are most appreciated :)

Member since:27.02.2011

No streaking to be seen!

09.04.2012

Advantages:
Easy to use, great results, streak free finish, pre mixed .

Disadvantages:
Replacement product is pricey, doesn't wax .

34 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. ithoughtyoudneverask
  2. gingelou
  3. Rosebudwithredroses

I will begin by clarifying the product that I am reviewing is indeed the same one as in the Ciao image. Karcher no longer sell the 5litre pre mixed containers and instead they now come in concentrated sachets. The 500ml sachet is equivalent to the 5litre bottle I am reviewing, though it is a different product in that it needs diluting before use.

Introduction

Although I don't own a Karcher pressure washer at the moment I have owned one in the past. It has to be said that they are very powerful and robust, though there are always bargains to be had on the high prices you may have seen in DIY shops. Obviously Karcher advise that you use their Karcher Car Wash with one of their own machines, though this isn't necessary at all. karcher car Wash can be used in all pressure washers that allow you to mix fluids with the flow of water as you use the washer.

First impressions

I sometimes hand wash my car, though I imagine this will be the case for at least the next few months with the hosepipe ban coming into play. I occasionally use a pressure washer to clean my car with, as I find it makes light work of the task in hand and saves a lot of elbow grease in the process.

The container is of the old style of packaging (see above intro) and is a large 5 litre container with a screw top on it. The rigid plastic container has a handle to the top, but it has to be said that it isn't always easy to pour the wash accurately - particularly when the bottle is full at first.

I think the packaging is simple enough, with the label just containing the usual information. On the front are details about the product and what it is intended for. The rear label goes into more detail about using the product and the results expected. Overall the look is fairly simple. I think a product like this doesn't need to be that eyecatching, as it isn't something I can imagine many people buying as an impulse. To simplify use of the product it is a rich shade of blue, making it easy to identify when in the pressure washer being dispensed across your bodywork.

My experience

As I don't use a pressure washer each time I was my vehicle I think I am well placed to be able to judge the results I can achieve when using the Karcher Car Wash. It has to be noted that this is just a car 'wash' and not a wax, though I don't mind this at all. I find that the results are adequate, and I don't stand there admiring my handywork and running my hands over the bodywork!

The wash is easy to use and although the 5 litre container is awkward to pour due to its size, I think the overall use of the product is relatively simple. The detergent in the product is clearly a very effective one, as bodywork is always left gleaming, though I have to add that it is also reasonably mild as it hasn't had adverse long term effects on my paintwork.

The solution isn't concentrated (unlike the replacement product) and so it is very thin. It is very much the same consistency as water, though I imagine the newer concentrated product will be thicker. Due to how diluted the product is I find that the pressure washer soon gets through the liquid at a rate on knots, though I don't use more than a few hundred millilitres during each application.

Results

In short, the results are impressive. using the Karcher Car Wash leaves bodywork with a completely streak free finish. I think this is largely due to the use of a pressure washer, though I also believe the Karcher Car Wash plays some part in the overall finish of the paintwork. The bodywork is by no means in showroom condition, though my car is admittedly showing it's age so this is expected.

Minimal effort is required to achieve such a satisfying result. Whilst saving on effort you are also getting a better result than washing by hand. The Karcher Car Wash certainly improves the overall finish of the wash, and I cannot recommend it enough. As it doesn't contain wax this is something that would have to be applied seperately, though these can be bought for use with a pressure washer if needs be. Obviously it is also possible to get a wash and wax in one product, so brownie points are lost on that front.

Price and availability

As mentioned previously, this product is no longer available from Karcher as they have replaced it with a concentrated version. That isn't to say that you won't find old stock for sale in a local car auto store, but ultimately the Karcher Car Wash is no longer made in the 5 litre containers. I paid around £7 for the 5 litre bottle which I thought was an absolute bargain. The new 500ml concentrated sachets cost around £15, which is a lot more than the old diluted version. The new Karcher product is available widely online and from all good car care suppliers.

Final thoughts

Overall I have to recommend the Karcher car Wash to anyone that uses a pressure washer to clean their car. Admittedly there is a 'wash and wax' version available, but the 'car wash' version I bought does a cracking job and gives admirable results.

I award the Karcher Car Wash 4 stars for simplicity, results and overall value. Yes, the replacement concentrated version is relatively expensive, but the results are impressive. One drawback to consider is that there is a 'wash and wax' version available, so that could well be better value as I imagine a better finish could be achieved.

freeness 09.04.2012 12:32

K'Archer is a good brand.