Review of "Kärcher K 3.550"

published 03/04/2012 | purple_lady_
Member since : 31/03/2012
Pro Fully mobile, easily stored, on board storage
Cons Price and no patio and decking cleaner
Performance
User's Manual

"The karcher K3.550 just doesnt wash with me"

Reasons for buying

I was frustrated with cleaning the driveway with a hard bristled brush and soapy water glancing over to see the neighbour smiling away happily using his new pressure washer. I wanted to have a clean and tidy outdoor space to be proud of when everyone was over for BBQs and drinks. So I searched the internet and purchased the Kärcher K 3.550 from electricshopping.com for £194.99 originally costing £263.99. Everyday is free standard delivery and it arrived 4days later which was fine but fantastic for the fact the weather wasn't too cold and my daughter was at my dads so I tried out my new purchase.

Assembling the product was relatively simple which was good as I could get cleaning straight away. It was really powerful but I would recommend using wellies at the very least as it can get you very wet.

With products that have small accessories I normally lose atleast one of them but I have managed to keep all my accessories to hand with help from the little accessory bag that came with this washer.

Product Information

The Kärcher K 3.550 is yellow and black with a compact design but it doesnt reflect the performance its very powerful.

The pressure washer has a new water cooled motor which enhances the performance and gives it a longer life.

Along with this theres the new detergent plug and clean that is very convinient and quick for detergent change over.

To allow trigger gun and unit to be connected quickly it has a quick connect release on both ends of the high-pressure hose.

This product doesnt have a standard pressure lance instead it has a dirt blaster lance that provides 50% greater cleaning power.

A soft bag which stores all the accessories and universal cleaner filled detergent bottle.

The pressure can be controlled by a single turn of the variable pressure spray lance.

The pump is protected from damage by a fine mesh water filter that stops the dirt particles getting to it.

Protective rubber sleeve over the high pressure hose to increase user protection.

The product has an impact resistant cover to protect it for longer.

It is 87cm tall, 32cm wide and 30cm deep for easy storage in a garden shed or garage.

Weighs 10.9kg but has wheels so it can be manuoevered easily.

The hose is 6m long and it works at 1800w power.

Advantages

Fully mobile so is perfectly suitable for people that cant carry heavy garden equipment.

The soft accessory bag makes it so easy to put everything away and always at hand when you need them.

The new dirt blaster lance removes 50% more dirt than a standard lance.

The pressure is easily controlled by the variable pressure lance.

Not as noisy as some models as the water cooled motor enhances this products performance.

Disadvantages

There is no patio and decking cleaner with this product so its not an all round garden and outdoor cleaner.

It can require the user to wear water proof trousers, wellies and even goggles as the power can be a draw back in the way of getting you very wet.

Expensive compared to other products which are of similar specifications if not more features.

Conclusion

Would I recommend this product to a friend? Although it is a high quality product in itself, I wouldnt recommend it because the price is a huge draw back for me, I feel I could of brought a pressure washer that is of the same standard for half the price. You can get the Nilfisk C120 3-6 PC which has the same features but comes with a patio cleaner set and is only £119.98 (was £189.99) on amazon.

• ithoughtyoudneverask published 11/04/2012
    Great review!
  • Bollinger28 published 03/04/2012
    I think I'd want a more all-purpose cleaner than this one - it would be no good for me if it didn't work on decking or patios
  • lilloulfc published 03/04/2012