Kärcher WV 50 Window Cleaning Vacuum

Kärcher WV 50 Window Cleaning Vacuum

Review of "Kärcher WV 50 Window Cleaning Vacuum"

published 11/04/2012 | jo_field26
Performance
Noise
Safety

"clean windows"

I have been flicking through the freeview television channels lately and on the shopping channels they have been advertising the Karcher WV 50 Window Cleaning Vacuum, every time I see it I keep on trying to tell myself ten good reasons why I do not need to make the purchase, until one day I could no longer resist, before I made the purchase I decided to shop around online and see if I could find it any cheaper so that I could clarify that I was making the right decision making the purchase and possibly save some money at the same time. I came across one on eBay for £45, including delivery so I thought it was a bargain and I had to have it.

If you are not an eBay fan I also came across this product with free delivery on Amazon for under £50 as well. The shopping channels were a little more expensive and also had a costly delivery, but they always have new offers, so make sure to shop around.

Right that's enough about my purchase, what is the Karcher wv50?

It is a new way to help clean your windows, but it does not just clean windows it also can clean glass tables, tiles, mirrors and showers really any flat dirty surface.

The best way to describe this is it is like a light hand held mini Hoover, but with an attachment that is like a car ice scraper blade. It comes with a Battery Charger and a Lithium Ion Battery. To charge the rechargeable battery you connect the cable and once fully charged you disconnect the cable and the machine is ready to use with no cable to get in your way while your work.

I cannot believe how quick and easy this machine is to use once it is charged I can clean a window in under a minute. With no drips and mess it can be used outside or inside the home without the fear of water going everywhere.

How to use

Once you have charged your unit I found that in the first charge it took about one and a half hours until the Indicator light stopped blinking to confirm that the machine was ready to use. You them with warm soapy water wipe the window or the surface you are cleaning and then take the Karcher WV50, turn it on and then run the blade of the machine across or down the window in lines, whichever you find more comfortable. The dirty water from the surface is collected by the vacuum and put into a reservoir, which you empty when you are finished.

It takes a little practice when you first use it as you need to see if you prefer to go around the window or run down the window. I found that it was easier to run in lines down the surface as if you did the outside and then the inside there were some smears in the middle of the surface that you had to run over again. Running in straight lines means that I did not have to go over the area again at all.

You never realise how dirty your windows are until you can compare them to other areas in the room. The dirty water that is collected in the reservoir will have you amazed and shocked as it’s so dirty and black that you appreciate that you need to clean your windows more frequently.

The Karcher makes sure that you have no streaks and perfect clean windows without the need for costly glass cleaners and cloths. This one handy tool does everything that you need, whilst making sure that your window sills are still clean and water free and that no water can run onto your floor either.

If you have a glass table this takes all of the effort from the hours of polishing a month that you will do to keep it clean an all in a matter of minutes.

I now not only use this on my windows and patio doors I also use it in the bathroom to clean the tiles and shower screen as it make sure there are no smears and marks left after wiping then clean.

The booklet recommends that each charge should clean approximately 45 windows or an area which is 60m sq which is more than ample for my needs. It is compact so it is easy to store and is also light weight, weighing 700 grams so can be used by anyone of any age.

In the box come the booklet, the window vacuum, a charger, a battery and a window cleaning head. Karcher do recommend you use their specially formulated cleaner and applicator, but I really do not think that it is necessary. There are also other products available to use with this Karcher and they are a belt to place accessories in so that are at hand while working and also a smaller blade, which would help in those smaller hard to reach areas or small top windows, which I think I will definitely be investing in, in the long term.

I now wish I had purchased this sooner, Karcher have made the task of cleaning windows so easy it is no longer a task that I dread. As it is not a machine I use daily I have also let a few family members borrow it and they also think that it is a great invention, which does an amazing job.

I have only one criticism and that is the reservoir that collects the water is only emptied by a small hole, I wish that it had an easier way to clean and release all of the dirty water so that it could dry out properly. I left the container draining for a few hours hoping the water would drain out before I packed it away but there was no such luck. If you do not regularly use the machine I worry the few droplets would not smell too nice when you next came to use it.

Overall a great product that although there is an expensive outlay at the start, if you usually pay for a window cleaner once a month for £8 before the year is up you would have paid for the machine and start making some savings and have shiny clean windows. I would definitely recommend that every home should have a Karcher window cleaner in their home.

• Nar2 published 11/04/2012
    Sounds like something I should have in my life!
  • tallulahbang published 11/04/2012
    I keep seeing this advertised and am still trying to persuade myself that I don't really need it... xx
  • lilloulfc published 11/04/2012
    nice review :)

offers "Kärcher WV 50 Window Cleaning Vacuum"