Karrimor Ultralite Towel

Karrimor Ultralite Towel

Review of "Karrimor Ultralite Towel"

published 24/06/2011 | MEL0611
Member since : 24/09/2009
Mummy to be, bubba due end of March...watch out for Nappy reviews!!!!
Pro Lightweight, soft on skin, a great idea, drys your skin well
Cons Holds the water for a little while
Does it smell good?

"Karrimor Lightweigt towel......."

When I was sorting my stuff out for a weekend away with our friends I realised that my bag was really heavy. The one thing that always bulks up my bag is towels, it is fine when we are going away and staying in a hotel but this was different as we were staying with our friends and so I felt obliged to take my own towels. I tend to use a large towel for wrapping around me when I get out of the shower and then another towel for in my hair. I was talking to a friend and she mentioned that she had brought a couple of lightweight towels for her and the family for the very same reason as me, the weight so I started to look around and eventually brought a Karrimor Soft fibre Towel.

I spotted the towel on Amazon, it is one of those places that I often look and I got a lightweight towel for just £9.99, and whilst I appreciate you could probably buy a towel for a little less but this is a towel that will last well as I won’t be using it on to regular a basis. There were a couple of colours to choose from; blue or pink and so I opted for the pink!

The towel had quite a good description on the Amazon website and although I had heard quite a lot from my friend about it, I still read up as well. It is described as s ‘reduced weight towel for the solo traveller and is ideal for your holidays or even sports’. There were two options to choose from when it came to the size, there were the 64cm by 80cm and then the larger 100cm by 130cm. I opted for the bigger one as my hair is quite thick and I planned to dry my hair with this lightweight towel and was pleased when it arrived!

The towel came in a handy little lightweight bag which like the towel itself has the Karrimor logo on the front. The first thing that I noticed when taking the towel out of the bag was that it was soft, I was a little concerned on what the feel of the towel would be like but was impressed at how it felt. The sort fabric will allow the towel to absorb up to 7 times its own weight in moisture and it will also dry quickly. I hate it when you have to pack away a damp towel as it leaves the rest of your belongings all smelly! Having now used the towel I have been impressed with how it does in fact dry really well, even though it absorbs all the moisture.

I have been pleased with how this towel looks feels and works. There is an antibacterial treatment built into it, the ExBac that is in the towel will even work after washing so again I was impressed .The towel washes really well, I have only even done it on a 40 degree wash but it is always left feeling as good as new after washing and if you can get it dry outside it really does fluff up well.

There is the obvious difference with the towel, it is not as thick and so you do need spend a little extra time drying yourself with it but then for such a lightweight product, I am really impressed.

I would be more than happy to recommend this product, it is soft and soothing on skin and drys the skin and then itself really well.

4 out of 5 from me on this one

Thank you for reading.

• Coloneljohn published 06/07/2011
    Sounds good. John
  • KarenUK published 25/06/2011
    Sounds a good idea for travelling!
  • mumsymary published 25/06/2011