Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Sport

Review of "Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R"

published 23/03/2004 | gixxer_loui
Member since : 23/03/2004
Pro excellent torque and performance and excellent chassis
Cons riding position can be a strain after a fir bit of miles on a trip
Performance
Reliability
Handling
Customer service

"My Kawasaki ZX6-R (2003 version)"

I have owned my 636 since it first came out.
I have found the sharp response of the chassis when cornering to be close to perfect. I have ridden an R6 and also ridden with R6's on rideouts and I would say the 636 (2003 model to present) has the edge on corners. I would say the R6 wins on comfort (easier forgiving seat) and also riding position. I did feel the strain after around 70 - 100 miles on the bike on some trips. That however is due to the race nature of the bike. The riding position is one of which was designed more for a racetrack.

I have many good rideouts on my 6r and find that when I let a rideout 'friend' take the bike for a spin; they always come back with a smiling face and praise the bike then-on.

I have attached a 'slip-on' Akrapovic aftermarket exhaust on it now and the sound is one which will make you speechless. In fact my dad rides a Suzuki GSXR-1000 K2 and he went out and bought an Akrapovic straight after he heard the difference between the stock exhaust on mine and then the aftermarket Akrapovic exhaust...

Since I have bought my Kawasaki I have added a steering dampener, braided front back brake lines, Akrapovic Exhaust, smaller number plate and smaller indicators.

I am EXTREMELY HAPPY with this bike and feel I definatly made the right choice over all the other 600 on the market. The close second choice for me was the 2003 to present version, Honda CBR 600RR...

• ampuk2000 published 23/03/2004
    I must admit I would never ride a motorbike, but good review anyway.