Review of "Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R"

published 20/06/2004 | rnb100
Member since : 19/06/2004
Pro Fantastic allround thrashing hooligans tool!!!
Cons Not enough accessories for the F3 model
Performance
Reliability
Handling
Customer service

"97'P plate, ZX6R Ninja F3"

I passed my test nearly a year ago and I got a new bike after 6 months and boy was I completely blown away by the sheer pulling power of this user friendly mad mans bike. The noise when I took her out for a test drive was great. I pulled away from the garage (Shirlaws, Aberdeen), feeling fuckin ace. I just bought new Richa leathers and Oxtar boots so I was needing a new bike to go along with them!!

Anyway, I got told I can have an hours test drive. I went straight to see a mate who had a later model ninja and the first thing he said was "fuckin hell, this thing sounds nice!!" Sorted. My thoughts exactly!! Went back to the garage and bought her. Paid 3 grand and got a set of Bridgestone BT010s for next to bugger all, a Meta 357T cat 1 alarm-immobiliser(condition of the insurance )for 200 quid, years MOT,6 months warranty and a BIG grin on the face!!

Had her 6 months now and the confidence the bike brings out in you in amazing!! She oozes great handling, a serious engine (throwing out over 100 brake with a top speed of 163 but I've spoken to heaps of people whose had one and they claim to be past the ton seventy. I believe them!!!

I had her up to 145 twice last month. I was in one of those moods when the crazy head goes on and you test yourself on some B road twisties. Got some brilliant back roads near here. Its got a bad reputation with bikers lives but I can understand why people get drawn in to this stretch of road. Well SORTED!!!

Anyways, what does it for me where the Ninjas concerned? Well, after owning an over the handlebar FZR600R Genesis which was hoorin fast but mega uncomfortable for me and especially passengers. (Normally the bird!) the comfort was striking. I'm 6ft plus and it was such a transition from the cramped and raw feel of the FZR. I still get the odd sore wrist but I live with it due to the sheer pleasure I get from opening her up and hearing the growl coming from the pipe and airbox. Superb!!

The only thing I've changed on her is a set of mini LED indicators and a sports rack. Looks a bit tidier but I suppose its an individual thing, eh? She had a double bubble tinted screen when I got it and I've just left it as it looks cool and feels good at warp speed.

My only complaint is the lack of accessories thats offered to the F3. I was wanting a hugger and an undertray but I cant get them as they only started making them for the 98 G1 onwards which was a bit of a twat but hey, I can piss over most cars in my neighbourhood. Sorted!!

Thats it from me. Drop me your views on rnb100@hotmail.com on your F3. Any pics and shit, pass them on. I'd be interested to see what youve done. No freaks or knobbers.

Laters people......

• karen5416 published 21/06/2004
    Hi, welcome to ciao ...have fun : ] x
  • The-Operator published 20/06/2004
    Welcome! I'm getting fed up with being passed by bikes doing ridiculous speeds along the A530 and A534 around here "just because they can". One day I'll be "manoeuvering around a badger" as one passes me; I wonder who'll make the bigger splatter pattern?
  • DBZKing published 20/06/2004
    nice review, but mild down the language a bit, coz ciao does not tollerate to much, this is just a friendly warning, welcome to ciao, and your good at reviews - DBZKing