nobodyshe... 4

nobodyshere

Member since:11.02.2006

Frosties Advert - "They're Gonna Taste Great"

23.01.2007

Advantages:
Catchy song, great visuals, original

Disadvantages:
Song annoying, acting awful

11 Ciao members have rated this review on average: helpful See ratings
  1. SaxMyster007
  2. silverstreak
  3. Mudchild
and a further member
  1. hippykiller
  2. bazzaoleary77
  3. coopsta133

I've heard very mixed opinions about this ad since it made it's debut a few months ago, some positive but mostly negative.

The ad in question is the one where a boy walks around singing a song about how great frosties are.
Along the way he is met by an increasingly large number of children who join him in the singing.
Throughout the advert the boy visits many bizarre countries and locations, from Australia to New York - singing all the while.

The song is very annoying, and its shameless use of rhyming words makes you want to sing along whilst ripping out your ears at the same time.
It is catchy though, and I found that after hearing it I just could not get it out of my head.

The visuals, whilst joyously slated by many, are actually quite good in my opinion.
They're very colourful, original and will definitely stick in your head for a while to come.
In a sad, strange way I actually find them quite funny as well.

Love it or hate it, the ad has certainly done its job of advertising the product.
The effect that the advert has had on people definitely shows - I've heard more people talk about Frosties in the last few months than I have in the last 10 years put together!

Finally, I must emphasise that the advert has to be seen to be believed - so I heartily recommend that anyone who hasn't seen it definitely do so - you won't be disappointed!

Thanks for reading!

hippykiller 05.02.2007 18:34

lol reviews on adverts whats nexts a talking banana oh wait there is ok review though

SaxMyster007 24.01.2007 00:34

Great review, I heard the kid was getting death threats lol. Sax

Mudchild 23.01.2007 21:33

Great debut, all be it controversial and off the wall. Made me laugh though. I look forward to reading your next pieces.