Tonyc7 5

Tonyc7

Member since:07.09.2005

Kenwood, your a cat saver!

28.09.2005

Advantages:
Easy to clean, powerful and does the job

Disadvantages:
A bit noisy

Performance

User's Manual

Cleaning & MaintenanceVery easy

SafetyVery safe

How much did you pay?£35.99 (59.99)

Any repairs?no

Special features?none

15 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. belfin
  2. dakota196
  3. Magdalena

I have had to purchase a liquidising blender, for my cat, yes my cat.
He had been missing for 5 days after going on one of his usual hunts on the nearby golf course.

I was getting very worried he'd been killed, as he is not normaly away for that long, and hadn't returned for his meals.

He eventually came in one night during a heavy rain storm, and was completely drenched, very thin and obviously in a bad way, his left eye was full of blood, and it was apparent that he could not close his mouth properly.

Being 12.30 at night I was in a panic as to where I was going to take him, after a few phone calls, I got him to a 24 hour vet.

After 1 week in the vets and a staggering £490 vets bill, I was able to take him home, but there was a problem, he could'nt eat solid food anymore, dispite the fact he had his lower canines filed down in order for him to close his mouth.

The vets offered to sell me this liquid food, but at the price it was and the fact I would have to buy it daily, I thought about a cheaper alternative, and that is where the blender comes in.

**********************************************************************

This Silver and glass Kenwood caught my eye on the shelf out of a list of 30 products on show, it was exactly what I was looking for, a small easy to fit on my already crowded kitchen worktop, easy to use and importantly just the right price ( it was on offer at £35.99 from £59.99).

As soon as I got it home, I put it straight to use, it really is very easy, even for a man like me (well I'm no Gordon Ramsey), just plug it in, put the contents to be blended in (in this case a tin of Whiskas Tuna) and away you go.

Now I've never used one of these before so I was a bit confused as to why it wasn't moving so well in the glass bowl, the blades where wizzing around inside but not really doing their job so well.

So I put in some cat milk (don't give your cat cows milk, its not good for them), and hey presto it was churning away ten to the dozen, with it having variable speeds I found this to be a great help, it certainly makes it frothier, and the pulse button helps to get any lumpy food from the bottom of the bowl up into the blades and makes the whole thing a lot smoother when you pour it out.

The appearance of the blender for those of you who are colour co-ordinated in the kitchen, these days its silver (stainless steel), so it will easily blend in (excuse the pun), I'm slightly behind in my kitchen, half silver half green (Products not the decor).

It is a very fast blender to use, at 550 watts, which is in the mid range for blenders, and fast enough for most everyday useage, as a result of its speed it does vibrate a bit and create a bit of noise, but a least it does'nt dance across your kitchen worktop, as the solid rubber feet underneath help keep it in place.

There are no other attachments for the blender, what is in it is what you get, which helps when you have to clean it out, nothing fiddley, just twist the glass bowl off the blender, and wash.

The blenders capacity is 1500ml, which is more than enough for someone making a few milkshakes for the family, I can get 2 full tins of cat food in and two small bottles of cat milk and there is still room for more.

Another handy feature, for those of you who get up in the night for a snack or drink is, it has lights at the back of the buttons, saves fumbling round in the dark.

In all this is a very handy little space saver, and does the same job a much larger and bulkier machine would do, and has certainly saved my cat from a quick exit, (he's back to full health now, thanks to my Kenwood).

There are many different uses for this machine, I have only listed why I use it, but I'm sure the chef in you will be able to get the most out of it, and it is this that I recommend this product over the many that are out there.
Pictures of Kenwood BL 740
Kenwood BL 740 Picture 1783343 tb
My Cat back to full health.

Write your own review Write a review and you will earn 2p per rating if other members rate your review at least helpful. Write a review and you will earn 2p per rating if other members rate your review at least helpful.   Report a problem with this review’s content

belfin 01.12.2005 13:53

not the most usual reason for buying one of these then, Belinda

dakota196 30.10.2005 19:29

Glad the cat is ok!! Emma :)

Magdalena 24.10.2005 01:14

Great review, and I'm glad your cat is ok now. Funnily enough, I looked you up after you commented on one of my reviews, mainly because my cat's name is also Tony. :-)