Review of "Kenwood JE 770 Smoothie Juice BAR"

published 14/02/2007 | Phoenix7891
Performance
User's Manual
Cleaning & Maintenance

"5 A DAY!!"

After my successful review of the coffee machine I have decided to review my juicer which is the Kenwood JE770.

I must admit I don't use it everyday but it is a novelty to have especially when your after a cool soft drink made from 100% by yourself.

A few problems I occured when using the blender as it states in the FREE recipe book that you can use frozen fruit and ice but although this may not be entirely true as I have used both frozen fruit and the blades cannot be that strong/sharp as it leaves some unblended fruit below the blades which can be a pain.

Another problem with it was the flow tap you use sometimes gets clogged up with the fruit it hasn't really blended together so you have to clean it before using the tap and if your going to do that you may aswell pour it straight into a glass without using the tap function.

YET another problem is that after pilling lots and lots of fruit in it expecting it to fill 3 or 4 glasses - it doesn't as for some reason and not alot of use later it seems to leak out from the collection point into the base and onto the kitchen worktop so after moving the juicer I realised that it was stuck to the worktop due to the amount of juice that slipped through the machine and stuck the juicer to the work surface.

VERY UN-HYIEGENIC!!

But after all these faults it does make a good fruit smoothie but whether that is worth all the hassle is up to you!?!?!?!

It does have its plus points tho ...

The two motors will work simultaneously in order for you to remove the juice from any fruit and leave the pips and skin of it in order to get the best results from your fruit.

It has a 1.5 litre capacity which is plenty for 4 decent sized glasses.

Blades, filter etc can be removed for easy cleaning although not sure if it dishwasher safe.

Makes a damn good smoothie or fruit juice.

I give it 2* as I have had my fair share of problems with it considering it is a well known household brand.

This review was read 2029 times and was rated at

• inbetweendaysx published 30/05/2007
    Good review, could have some more info. But dont like the sound of the juice leaking through, unhygenic as you say
  • gaunts published 15/02/2007
    i love smoothies...we have a kenwood too, but not that one. helpful review, good information. gaunty
  • RichPrice published 14/02/2007
    Quite a good Review , but I think that it needs a lot more information and detail to justify a higher rating. It needs quite a bit more info, what sorts of fruits will it juice, how powerful is it etc etc It helps if you write every product Review as if you’re writing for someone who has virtually no knowledge of what you’re reviewing, in clear non technical language. You might find it helpful if you read and rate some other peoples’ reviews (especially those that have been rated VH or E). It might give you an idea of the sort of things you need to include. It might also be helpful if you had a look at the Ciao guides to writing Reviews and Rating I found them really useful. If I can be of any help feel free to put a note in my gb. Rich