Review of "Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant Eau de Parfum"

published 19/07/2001 | creckless
Member since : 09/05/2001
Pro A perfume for those "on the pull" / Long-lasting / Very original
Cons Unattractive packaging and odd name
Staying power
Design of the bottle

"A scent that you'll never forget"

Don’t be put off by the rather bizarre name, for this fragrance from Kenzo will leave you smelling beautiful (and not of elephant dung!).

I first encountered this bewitching scent when I was invited to a perfume event at a large department store. I would never really have bothered even trying out this perfume if it hadn’t been thrust under my nose by an over-zealous, tangerine-faced assistant, as I was not attracted by the products packaging and……well…..the name is a little off-putting! (I cringe every time someone asks me which perfume I'm wearing!) However, my prejudices were cast aside by L’Elephants bewitching aroma.

Belonging to the oriental olfactory group, this bold and sultry fragrance always makes me feel rather exotic! (Other perfumes in this group would be Coco Chanel, Opium and Youth Dew – so if you like these then you stand a good chance of liking Jungle L’Elephant too). There is a certain spiciness which enhances the character of the scent and gives it a definite originality. It is, for me, by far the sexiest of all the perfumes I own. This opinion is confirmed by the fact that every time I wear it on a night out, people always comment that my perfume is wonderful (especially men, which makes a change!).

The fragrance is very strong, and you only need to apply a tiny amount. I advise spraying into the air and walking through the mist of perfume. However, it does have good staying power and smells the best around an hour after application.

The bottle is not the most feminine of designs, being a rather boring shaped bottle with a gold elephant on top. But I have since discovered that the elephant is Kenzo’s cult animal and is the designers good luck charm. So, if it works for him, then maybe the golden beast on top of the bottle might pass some luck my way too!

There are other products available to complement the Jungle L’Elephant range. I have the body lotion, but I find that this is too powerfully scented to use with the fragrance and so tend to use it alone when I want a lighter perfume.

Kenzo Jungle L’Elephant is more of a winters evening fragrance, than a summers day (if you get my drift). But if you are aiming for a sultry, exotic, seductive feel, or are trying to attract the man of your dreams, then this could well be the fragrance for you!

• just.bcoz published 31/12/2007
    Great fragrance review
  • LostWitness published 21/07/2001
    An excellent description of the scent - what a bizarre name for a perfume! :O)
  • gennymutant published 19/07/2001
    I think I might have to try this, just so when someone asks me I can tell them I'm wearing 'Elephant'! Great op - Dione