Kerastase Discipline Keratine Thermique

Kerastase Discipline Keratine Thermique

Review of "Kerastase Discipline Keratine Thermique"

published 11/05/2015 | Violet1278
Member since : 10/11/2008
I have been way for a few weeks so apologies if I have missed your reviews. Am starting the catch up!
Pro Leaves hair silky and nourished and banishes frizz
Cons Just the price.
Long Lasting?
Smoothing?
Conditioning?

"Discipline For Hair- Let's Do Some Straight Talking!"

Good packaging especially for travel.

Good packaging especially for travel.

Kerastase Discipline Keratine Thermique Creme

All my life I have had hair that has its own will if you like. Brush it one way, and in a few minutes it has gone another. I have tried many remedies over the years, some expensive and some cheap, and have settled on a few firm favourites that make up my armoury against frizz. What I look for in a leave in product is its ability to tame unruly locks, and leave them that way all day, despite weather and challenges from its components, namely those of wind and humidity.

So What's Good Already On The Market?

My holy grails have always been Kerastase Cement Thermique, a leave in heat protecting cream and its close neighbour Nectar Thermique, and a leave in product that is used after styling such as Phyto 7. These products excel well individually and together, the latter, Phyto 7, being a small tube that you can carry around in your handbag for those frizz filled days, and so until recently I had stopped buying alternatives. Then I noticed a new range from Kerastase called "Discipline" which attracted me because that is exactly the sort of treatment my hair requires. I purchased the smoothing taming milk called Keratine Thermique and set about testing it to see if it could match the attributes my other favourites have.

Rather Expensive So Shop Around

First of all this is not a cheap purchase. What I tend to do with these sort of higher end items is that I make a list, leave it by the computer, and wait until an offer comes along from one of my favourite stockists. I had a short wait for this product, and then found I could take advantage of 20% off with HQ Hair . The retail price is generally about £16 for 150ml, so this brought the cost down to £12.80, and additionally I was able to gain further benefits by using a cash-back site as well. It sounds expensive, but you only need a very small amount even for long hair.

How To Use And My Thoughts

To use you only need a couple of drops which you apply to the ends of the hair after towel drying, just before blow drying or styling. The milk has a beautiful fresh floral scent and it easily disperses into the hair. More importantly it does not leave a sticky residue, nor does it leave hair dull or full of product or weighted down. I hate these sort of issues, but I can confirm that hair is left soft, fresh smelling, and after blow drying the hair lies so much more smoothly and it remains this way all day, even after exposure to inclement weather. I do a lot of dog walking in windy places, including the Outer Hebrides where windless days are so rare. This product leaves my hair smooth and in place, despite harsh environments and this really impresses me.

I think if you have coarse hair that is prone to frizz it can be very difficult to look well groomed, and this can be very hard to cope with in the work place for example. I remember when I was nursing my hair was a constant battle to keep tidy, and this product would have been heaven sent in those days.

Price wise it works out to be good value for money, as a tube lasts me about three months with daily use. I have shoulder length hair, and use the full recommended amount, so although the initial outlay is high it works out to be a good purchase, especially as other products I have tried are less effective. I used to say that Kerastase Thermique was my holy grail, but this has exceeded my expectations and surpassed the results achieved by that product, making it my number one product for taming frizz.

Being in a plastic tube it is easy to take when travelling so this is a big plus in my book. It is also very easy to dispense the amount you need using gentle pressure.

One benefit that I have noticed too is that my hair seems to dry more quickly which I really like, as it can be very time consuming as I wash it everyday in the shower. The product claims to reduce hair breakage too by as much as 87%, but as this is something that I am not prone to I can't comment on this as I have no evidence to report here. It does however impart a lovely shine and a silky texture that lasts all day, and I have found it less prone to tangles even after exposure to wind and rain.

Of course Kerastase recommend using the matching items such as the shampoo and conditioner, but in all honestly I can't afford to use premium products across the range of hair care all the time. I have achieved really good results using all kinds of shampoos from the high street, as this leave in product is so good at taming frizz the first steps are not required. I am sure that using all the products would be excellent, but it is not something that I would say is necessary or integral to the effectiveness of the leave in milk that works a treat on its own!

Other Reviews

So what do others think? On Look Fantastic there are 25 reviews giving an overall score of 4.5 out of 5. On HQ hair there are 7 reviews also giving a similar mark. It has to be said this is a new product so there are not copious reviews to look through, but there are a sprinkling, and what I have deduced from them is an undercurrent of positivity and praise.
Conclusion

If you have dry coarse hair that is prone to frizz then you can't go wrong with this leave in conditioner. I am delighted to be able to recommend it to you as it is a beautiful product, and one that I will continue to purchase. I just have one caveat that owing to the price I wait for offers and discounts, and if these are not forthcoming then my other holy grails, that are almost in the same league will suffice in the meantime. This one has the edge over them though, and I would choose it first and foremost every time assuming a level playing field in terms of price.

• justarube published 23/10/2016
    Well reviewed
  • danielclark691 published 22/01/2016
    very well reviewed
  • Listerbelle published 02/06/2015
    Super review

offers "Kerastase Discipline Keratine Thermique"