Kia Rio 1.3

Kia Rio 1.3

Kia present the Rio 1.3 LE 5dr Hatchback with 5 Speed Manual Gearbox, Front (FWD) running on Unleaded Petrol

Review of "Kia Rio 1.3"

published 23/08/2005 | zetashadow
Member since : 22/08/2005
Pro Cheap to run, quality build, acres of room, high spec for money.
Cons Revs lower when air con turned on
Road Handling
Features
Fuel consumption
Looks

"Never thought of Kia but wished i had 10 yrs ago"

I had been looking around for a resonable sized family car between 5k and 6k. After searching for a while and being disappointed of what was on offer from other manufacturers, i stumbled across a Kia dealership. The Rio caught my eye straight away with its striking lines. Not having any knowledge of the car or badge, i went in to see the salesman hesitantly. Most of my experiences with car salesmen have not been very good i.e pushy, wont let you go till they have had a sale and a good pint of your blood. The salesman was brilliant, he didnt presurise you, gave you time on your own and a good feel of the cars on offer. We couldnt make our minds up on whether or not to have a rio or a sportage . But the Rio stole the show. We even managed to get a nice discount off the price.
Excited by the purchase, we wanted to take it straight away, but he wouldnt let us, stating it needed a full valet and needed to be checked over. Within a few days we was able to go and pick up the car. I was astounded by the top condition of the and they even filled the tank up and went through every detail of the car and warranty.

My insurance went down by £40 a month, which totally surprised me. My old car was 12 years old and this one was only 3 months old . That was my first of many surprises with the Rio.

Fuel consumption is excellent, about 36 mpg around town and about 45 mpg on the motorway. if you use the air conditioning the fuel consumption does go down and it also affects the engine power.

Inside is well laid out and is a comfortable driving position with all round vision. Instruments are clear and easily accessible although the indicators are on the right hand side. I kept putting the windscreen wipers on to turn left in my first week of ownership. Plenty of legroom in the front and rear of passenger seat. Not so much room behind the drivers seat because i have the seat far back being tall. The road handling isn`t too bad although the suspension could be better.

I am a kitchen fitter by trade and sometimes use it for work. it adequately copes with all my tools ( and i have a lot of tools) and ive even had a 3metre worktop in it.The room is tremendous.
Even though it is only a 1.3 engine, its still pulls okay fully loaded.

Not having much knowledge of the Kia range, i had not noticed them on the road before, but now i see them everywhere. I have noticed a lot are being used as taxi cabs which must be an advert in itself.

It comes with a fantastic CD/MP3 player,all electric windows and mirrors, dual air bags, air con and 3 years warranty as well, what else could you get for the price? ( Corsa 3yrs older maybe). Why didnt anybody tell me about this car years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Expired-Account published 26/08/2007
    Helpful review, I have a Rio and I love it
  • ray52 published 26/08/2005
    Thanks for the opportunity to re-read. This is a lot better now. Please keep writing and it will come easier to you. Ray
  • zoobremia published 26/08/2005
    Hi, CD-/MP3-player, vow, but normally that's no reason for a car or against, lol ... Anyway, it's much better, also the fuel-information (very) important, with taxes & insurance-costs, often the important information for a buying-decision on a car ... Unfortunately I can't buy this and have no need for, I don't have a drivers-licence :( ... Many regards, Sven (Zoobremia)