Kia Sportage 2.0

Kia Sportage 2.0

Kia present the Sportage 2.0 XE 5dr 4 X 4 with 5 Speed Manual Gearbox, Four Wheel Drive (4x4) running on Unleaded Petrol

Review of "Kia Sportage 2.0"

published 14/11/2007 | GeliTifa
Member since : 17/10/2007
Pro Love the exterior which different design compared to normal bullets
Cons Smaller interior than expected compared to the outside
Road Handling
Features
Fuel consumption
Looks

"Cool designed car. Solid and compact"

Overall its a very good car... Considering owning it for 7 years since Feb 2000... A silver metalic colored, 2CC, 4DW automatic with extra manual gear (which I\'ve never use before as it has sufficient power for normal driving and also for highway, didn\'t really need it even when I was going up the slope too), fabric seats.

Love the exterior most with its cool design. Like the more squarish shape which gives attitute to both the car and the driver. Don\'t really like the uniformality of most cars these days which has the bullet look or the roundish shape... Very suitable for people like me who is taller and bigger build. (hard to imagine myself driving a car with lower body in future) Gives people a feeling of power with such design cars... Very solid looking...

Installed extra accessories such as kangaroo bar, which I\'m very glad of having as I got into an accident 2 weeks after driving it but my car was totally scratchless, the other party however a Proton was quite badly damaged compared to mine with its bumper dented and one of the headlights broken. Only such designed cars are still matching with kangaroo bars, new models and designs of other 4WD will look horrible with kangaroo bars...

I\'m very pleased with the current condition of the car as it didn\'t give me problem till now. All I did was just regular service once a year to maintain and check the car condition. The car has very smooth acceleration and the engine is still very quiet till now.

Was quite unused to the space in the car at the beginning as the seats have much smaller space compared to other 4WD such as Honda CRV or Nissan Extrail. But I slowly got used to the solid feel the car provides, as everything is very compact. I quite like the space behind especially with the foldable backseat which is just right to carry anything which is 3X3 such as the dog cage which I often have to transport around.

Compared to the prices of other asian 4WD, sportage is a rather value for money buy. Would also recommend this car to people who are considering between a saloon car, 4DW and also MPV... Because the feeling of being higher is seriously much better with more view when stuck in a traffic and yet convenient when it comes to parking compared to MPVs. This car has an average size body which is quite easy to park...

Won\'t mind getting another Sportage when I\'m done with this, but since its not giving me any problem and I\'m still very satisfied with its performance, don\'t think I\'ll get another new car anytime soon...

• punk_rocker published 14/11/2007
    geatreview and i would be so greatfull if you could have a read of some of my reviews, thanks.