Kiehl's Lip Gloss

Kiehl's Lip Gloss

Review of "Kiehl's Lip Gloss"

published 02/09/2016 | justarube
Member since : 09/04/2014
Hi, I enjoy writing and reading reviews. Thanks for your rates and comments. xx
Pro Feels non-sticky and makes lips feel comfortable and hydrated.
Cons None.
Absorbency
Price
Gloss?
Frequency of Reapplication

"A Great Gloss For Lovely Lips!"

My Introduction To The Product

I am a bit of a lip gloss junkie and will buy different products even when I don't need them. I like to try different brands in addition to different shades and when I saw this Kiehl's lip gloss whilst shopping online I decided I would like to buy it. I have actually used this brand before and I do trust that all of their product range will be good quality.

About The Brand

Kiehl's is a brand that was established in 1851 and they make a variety of beauty products including skin care, fragrances and hair care for both men and women. They have their own UK based website at:

You can also find their products at some department stores like House of Fraser, catalogue websites and other independent retailers like Amazon.co.uk.
Packaging

This lip gloss comes in a 15ml sized tube. The tube is soft and squeezable allowing you to easily press the gloss through the dispensing nozzle. The tube has a slanted tip towards the dispensing end so you can either squeeze the gloss onto a fingertip and then smear over the lips or just angle the tube towards your lips and use the tip of the tube like a brush. I tend to do both of these but I do find using my finger allows me to apply with a bit more precision.

The tube is small and lightweight allowing me to carry it around in my handbag or pocket. The lid of the gloss is a screw off type and it will stay secure whilst the gloss is in transit.
The Shade

I have the shade 'Mahvelous Mauve' which is a heather purple shade. It looks fairly deep and intense inside the tube but it's actually rather sheer and semi-translucent once on the lips. It looks like a watercolour or a blackcurrant cordial drink. It's glossy with a glassy shine and it seems to absorb light as well as to reflect it back out. The colour in the formula sinks back onto the lips and looks like a subtle lip stain whilst giving the impression that there is a clear gloss over the top of the colour that appears to be like liquid crystal.

The way the colour looks in the tube is slightly misleading as you may imagine that this will be a very strong shade but you have to understand that the formula thins out when you apply it to the lips.

I'd describe this as a shade suitable for everyday use as well as for occasions where you want to look more glamorous. It is entirely possible to apply this over the top of any lip colour and obviously it will depend on the base colour as to what the end result will look like. I have a Rimmel lipstick called 'Heather Shimmer' which has a similar root colour to this gloss so they go together well.

The Formula

This lip gloss has a really lovely consistency. It's not sticky but it's gooey and thick enough to feel stable on the lips and as though it won't rub off. It is easy to spread over the lips and it doesn't seem like too much of it is left on my fingertip.

The brand state that the ingredients include "extracts of mango and grape seed" with "rose hips and apricot kernel" for the ultimate natural treat. These elements are added to ensure the gloss is moisturising and hydrating. According to the brand the formula also has anti-oxidant qualities. It definitely feels very softening on the lips and it's one of the few glosses I've used that feels appropriate to wear as a protective gloss when it's colder, wetter and windier outside.

The gloss does not clump up or gather in cracks or in the corner of the mouth. Once it has been applied it stays in place until I wipe it off or I eat or drink something during which some transfer of the gloss is inevitable.

The formula is not tested on animals which pleases me. A full list of ingredients is printed onto the front of the tube.

Price and Availability

I bought my tube from Amazon.co.uk and it cost me £4.99 which I feel is an appropriate price for this.

Kiehl's have their own stores in certain parts of the UK but their products can also be found at selected department stores too. A store locator map can be found on their website which is very useful.

• catsholiday published 11/09/2016
    My son rates Keilh's stuff highly
  • mikemelmak published 08/09/2016
    Obviously a quality product.
  • Secre published 05/09/2016