Kingsmill Great Everyday Bread

Kingsmill Great Everyday Bread

White

Review of "Kingsmill Great Everyday Bread"

published 20/02/2010 | jan007
Member since : 04/05/2008
Pro Stays fresh
Cons expensive
Taste
Smell
Product Quality
Packaging

"Quality Bread That Tastes As Good After Three Days As When Fresh"

I have started to buy this bread because I got so tired of cheap bread going mouldy quickly and changing to that grey, pale yellow colour after a day or two. (See Asda and Tesco own brand cheap bread). I was also frequently put off by the foisty, yeasty smell that can from the cheap bread the day after opening it.

I believe that the flour used in these very cheap breads in different, so you don't get that nice white, soft bread feel and taste the day after opening. It is also common practise to bag bread while it is warm and that is what causes that blue mould that grows very soon on the bottom slice of the bagged bread.

I have never had that problem with Kingsmill Everyday Bread. It smells fresh, is soft enough for sandwiches after the thord day and tastes good. The slices are consistent in size and thickness and there is no waste.

I find that this bread toasts well and I have even used it to make a bread pudding. Yum!

Yes, it is significantly more expensive that supermarket own brands but you can be sure of quality and the shelf life is longer with Kingsmill Everyday Bread. I have been buying my bread from Tesco at three loves for £3 and freezing two of them. They thaw out just like new, fresh loaves and you would never know they had been frozen.

This is something that caused me problems with cheap bread because it sometimes did not freeze well.

I would recommend this bread, unless you have a large family in which case the cost might be important and you probably have no problem in keeping bread for a couple of days because it disappears as soon as it gets into the house.

An excellent product.

• paulpry118 published 25/02/2010
    I always buy Kingsmill, it freezers better
  • LawrenceP published 20/02/2010
    I usually buy about six at a time...my boys are getting big now so I need to stock up. I agree, you get what you pay for but bread is horrendously expensive these days.
  • Amy69 published 20/02/2010