Kingsmill Head Start

Kingsmill Head Start

White

Review of "Kingsmill Head Start"

published 14/08/2006 | Crazykurst
Member since : 29/03/2006
Pro Good source of omega 3
Cons none
Smell
Product Quality

"Head start bread"

Being a bit of a bargain hunter I always snap up any deals when I come across them, whilst doing my weekly shop I found this Kingsmill head start bread with Omega 3. As you may know I have a dodgy ticker and would like to look after it as best I can so I bought this bread for 59p a loaf, what a bargain, I'm not sure what the real price will be.

Packaging

The bread comes in a purple bag with the Kingsmill logo on the side, top and bottom, it has Head start in big yellow writing just underneath and Omega 3 in light blue under that. There is a little yellow tag with the best before date on which you peel apart to get into your bread.

Smell_

Once opened you can smell the bread straight away, it doesn't smell like lovely freshly baked bread, but I would say it smells better than some other pre sliced stuff. I can't really describe the smell of bread but you will have to take my word that it is good.

_Taste and texture_

Yep tastes good, I usually just eat bread as toast but on this occasion I had it plain with just a small amount of flora light. It tastes no different to any other bread, in fact I enjoyed it more as toast, the colour was nice and golden and just the right crunchiness. Back to the bread, I found it stayed fresh for a long time, I have had it open now for four days and the edges have only just started to go dry, there are no bits in this bread it is plain white with golden crusts. The bread whilst fresh seemed firm but not dry but fluffy when you bight into it, if that makes sense to you, and very white indeed, my step daughter Jazmin has been eating it for the last few days and has not complained once .

_My thoughts_

I will but this again as omega 3 is good for your heart and I am trying to do all this health eating, I think if you can get as much omega 3 into children as you can it may just help them concentrate more and also look after their heart, The bread was lovely and couldn't honestly tell the difference if some one put two different types in front of me. 59p a loaf you cant complain.

_Some nutritional information__

Each slice contains
97 kcal
3.6g of protein
18.9g of carbohydrates
1.4 of which is sugars
0.8g of fat
29mg of omega3 (dha and epa) 6% of the recommended daily intake.

NOT SUITABLE FOR VEGATARIANS

Ingredients

Wheat, flour, water, yeast, salt, soya flour, vegetable fat and vegetable oil, refined fish oil, emulsifier, E472, fish gelatine, preservative, calcium propionate (added to inhibit mould growth) flavourings, flour treatment agent, ascorbic acid and vitamin c.

www.Kingsmillbread.com

0800 197 0110.

Thanks for reading, Kirsty

• thesavagehun published 08/10/2006
    Great reivew, though i am annoyed as to how pricey this is.
  • TeenyB published 20/08/2006
    Have already stocked up on lots of this in our freezer as I certainly won't be paying the full price for it!! Good review. Tina xx
  • little_red_hen published 19/08/2006
    Saw this on offer at Tesco today! Anything is better than those fish oil capsules that repeat! Karen