JL132 5

JL132

About me: Very active this month with publishing a lot of my old Dooyoo reviews on Ciao! :-)

Member since:23.12.2008

Kingston DataTraveler 101 4 GB

25.01.2012

Advantages:
small in size, fast transfer speed

Disadvantages:
non

Memory / capacity

3. cornishchic
  1. danielclark691
  2. catsholiday
  3. sandemp

I have a couple of memory sticks lying around in the house. Simply because I have a lot of pictures, video's and other important files that I want to keep safe. Once it happened to me that my computer crashed and I hardly had backed up my pictures, so I lost most of them and that's something I never want to happen again! I don't trust leaving my files on the computer anymore and although I'm a big fan of Google and its online storage function, I just don't like the feeling of trusting them with my pictures.

The problem with these memory sticks is that you start with one and before you knew it you have a ton because everything they are full after you went on a holiday. I always take a lot of pictures and videos when I'm going away so you can imagine that a memory stick is quickly full. These days I do have a external hard disk as a back-up system but these are still handy especially when you want to show your friends and family the pictures.

This 4 GB memory stick is one of my oldies but still handy even though it only has 4 GB. It's perfect to putting pictures on to show other people.

The USB stick is from Kingston and for me a well-known brand which focuses primarily on the development of memory products including for the computer. It is known as one of the largest memory manufacturers in the world. A friend of mine had experience with this brand and I've a 16GB USB stick from Kingston which I was very happy about. I am convinced that this is a good brand and I feel assured to store my files on it.

To get an idea of the size of the product, here the dimensions:
Width 38.85 mm
Depth 16.40 mm
Height 6.44 mm

I hate when a USB stick is very slow in use but luckily this is quite a fast one. It reads up to 10mb per second and writes up to 5mb per second. Which means that one picture take up to 2 seconds to transfer to this USB. The USB stick is very easy in use since its plug and play. You just put it in your computer and a few seconds later you can already use it. You don't need to install any software, at least not on my windows vista.

It wasn't really a difficult choice to pick this USB stick because I know and trust the brand. A USB stick is always good to have as back up but also when you need to take files with you to family or friends. This USB stick has enough space for more than enough pictures and videos and is quick in reading and writing the files. It's small and looks good an you don't need to install anything before you use it. All in all a perfect nice little USB stick.

catsholiday 25.01.2012 13:54

They certainly are handy to move things around.