Review of "Kitsound Mini Buddy Penguin Speaker"

published 21/09/2012 | staceycaunt
Member since : 02/06/2012
Pro loud, clear, small, cute and cheap
Cons none - better than you could ever expect it to be
Sound Quality
Looks & Design

"Cute little speaker, perfectly portable!"

This is a great little speaker for taking out and about with you when you want to take your music on a picnic, to a festival or to the beach. Its louder than you expect for such a small speaker, and at £9.99 it is definitely a bargain!

I bought this a while ago just to take with me on holiday for the weekend just so I could listen to my own music collection rather than the radio. I ordered mine for around £9.99 from amazon and to be honest I wasnt expecting anything too great - but I was pleasantly suprised by the quality of it! It is so much louder than I expected and the sound quality, although not fantastic, is definitely a lot better than I expected too! Alot of these style of speakers can sound quite tinny and only get worse the louder you have them turned up, but this little speaker is very clear and crisp and can go alot louder without distorting the sound quality than you would expect it to be able to.

The little speaker comes in the shape of a little round penguin and stands around 10cms tall, which is tiny. It has a little keyring loop on the top so you can attach it to your bag or keys which is quite handy, its not too big so it can fit comfortably in your pocket or in your bag.

It connects to whatever music device you have using a audio jack cable. It literally works with just about any device as most if not all have an audio jack input/output socket. What is also great about this little speaker is that it is rechargable, via USB a usb cable so it can be plugged into your laptop, pc or usb mains adapter to recharge. I was concered that it would need new batteries once every hour or so but it comes complete with a power/recharging cable so there is no extra cost there, and the battery life actually lasts alot longer than I expected it to.

You can also buy this speaker in a range of other shapes and designs, including a bunny (which is slightly cheaper than the penguin design), a bear, an owl (which I think is the coolest one but I didnt notice it until after I had bought the penguin), a panda, a bomb, a devil, a koala, a raindrop, a flower and a limited edition Deadmaus one. All are available through amazon which is where I purchased mine from.

I really cannot recommend this little speaker enough, it packs a big noise for such a small speaker and at £9.99 it really was a bargain. I was expecting to discard it after my holiday but I was so suprised by how good it was I have kept it. Now I use it to listen to music in the kitchen whilst im doing the pots or as a boost for my laptop. My laptop speakers are awful so I use this to boost the sound if Im watching something on my laptop in bed. The really is a style or colour for every taste as well with the range of different animals and themes. If your looking for a good portable speaker, or a cute stocking filler for christmas that isnt just a waste of money, then this is perfect!

• RICHADA published 21/09/2012
    Should a man of 50 be tempted by such a thing? This one is! R.
  • aspira1990 published 21/09/2012
    I've always wanted one of these cute little speakers!
  • bettyboop2002 published 21/09/2012