Kleenex Balsam Pocket Packs

Kleenex Balsam Pocket Packs

Tissues/Wipes

Review of "Kleenex Balsam Pocket Packs"

published 07/03/2012 | kirstysian
Member since : 22/07/2008
Yay orange!
Pro Soft, strong
Cons none

"Extra comfort when you are feeling snuffly"

When you have a cold and a runny nose there is nothing worse than cheap, scratchy tissues. A big, red sore nose is the last thing you need when you feel ill. Recently when both me and my other half were feeling under the weather we purchased a big packet of these Kleenex balsam pocket tissues from pound land and now that I have tried them I will not go back to my old nose-hurting tissue ways.

What Kleenex say

“Dermatologically tested tissues that leave behind a micro-fine layer of protective balm on the skin. This unique balm containing calendula soothes your nose and helps prevent it from becoming red or drying out.”

My experience

The tissues come in a handy pocket pack which is small and compact enough to fit in just about any bag that you are carrying around. The packet sticks down to prevent the tissues inside from getting dirty, I have found that the sticky tab has lasted for quite some time which is surprising for this type of packaging.

My first impressions of these tissues when removing them from the packet is that they look thick and of good quality. I can pull each end of the tissue with a fair amount of force without it ripping.

You can instantly feel how soft these tissues are compared to cheaper tissues as soon as you remove one from the packet. They feel very delicate, which gave me good hopes for my nose!

For some reason I expected the tissues to have some sort of smell to them because of the balm but they do not have much scent to them at all.

Now for the fun part, blowing my nose…….

Having a bit of a cold means that I can put the tissues to the ultimate test. The first thing I noticed as I rubbed the tissue on my nose is that it does feel very gentle. It has helped to prevent dry skin around my nose and provides that extra bit of comfort when I am feeling ill.

The tissues remain strong and in tact when I am blowing my nose. I haven’t had any bad experiences with horrible nose gunk going through the tissue.

If I am at work and feel a bit snuffly I keep a tissue in my pocket. I have found that the tissue will last the whole day without falling apart and still feel comfortable on my nose.

Price and availability

As I said I picked these up for £1 from pound land for a pack of 6. After looking online I have found that prices range between £1 and £2.

Conclusion

It is strange how just changing your tissues can make such a big difference when you have got a bit of a cold. I will be sticking to these from now on to provide me with a little bit of comfort when I am feeling rotten. 5 stars from me.