Kobo eReader Touch Edition

Kobo eReader Touch Edition

With Touchscreen

Review of "Kobo eReader Touch Edition"

published 10/07/2012 | shoegal84
Member since : 10/07/2012
I am a 20 something newlywed, working as a fundraiser for a children's charity. I am a Norwich City season ticket holder, avid reader and owner of over 100 pairs of shoes! I also publish my reviews on DooYoo, under the username: shoe_gal_84
Pro Cheap, easy to use
Cons None
Speed
Look & Feel
Memory / capacity
Comfort & Portability
Robustness & Durability

"I adore my Kobo eReader"

So, my partner and I decided that we were both going to invest in e-readers to take on our honeymoon with us. We are both avid readers and, whilst I LOVE the touch and smell of an actual book, this was clearly the practical option.

I did a lot of research and concluded that the Kobo would be the best option, over a Kindle. They were both the same price (£79.99 at the time). Main reasons:
  • I didn't like that with a Kindle you were fairly limited to getting books from Amazon
  • I preferred the touchscreen and page turning of the Kobo
  • I liked that with the Kobo you can borrow books from a local digital library service
  • I liked 'reading life' on the Kobo, where you get awards for reading books (I know!)

So, we went ahead and purchased 2 Kobo touchs and it was the best decision we made! They are really lightweight and feel similar to holding an actual book. They are easy to hold and turn a page with just one hand, which is great if you want to read whilst you are doing other things.

Once I got used to the system for downloading books, I found it very easy. I also soon mastered the system for downloading books from our local digital library service, which means that I can read most books on it for free.

It was fantastic for taking away on holiday and made reading a pleasure, taking away the hassle of lugging around heavy books. Also, the battery lasts for AGES. We got our Kobos a few weeks before going away, we were away for over 2 weeks and the battery still didn't run out.

The Kobo is really easy to use, and I love the Reading Life section which tells you stats such as how many pages you have read, what percentage you are through the book and you get awards for things. Sounds silly, but I really like this aspect of it.

All in all, I would happily recommend a Kobo to anyone. I still prefer reading a 'real' book, but have decided that I will use my Kobo to read free classics that I wouldn't otherwise read, and I will take it away on trips and holidays with me.

• bettyboop2002 published 10/07/2012
    Have only heard of the kindle, was thinking of getting one will definitely look into this before choosing
  • dynamicnurse published 10/07/2012
    I agree, I too love the smell of a book!

offers "Kobo eReader Touch Edition"