Kona Explosif

Kona Explosif

Mountain Bike

Review of "Kona Explosif"

published 18/02/2001 | cheekypixies
Member since : 19/07/2000
Pro The features are just endless, the saddle was the comfyest one that I have ever placed my cheeks onto.
Cons The handlebars went straight away. Riser bars for Rumplestiltskin Jnr.
How does it compare to similar products?

"My Rumplestiltskin Jnr. 99 HardTail UnCensored"

Hey! Are you a mountain bike junkie like my good self? If so, take a look at the Kona Explosif and other Kona's availiable in bike shops here there and everywhere.

When I first got my Explosif (to save time, it will be called Rumplestiltskin Jnr. herewith), I immediatly upgraded Rumplestiltskin Jnr.'s front forks to RockShox Judy XC's which made the front end a whole lot lighter and easier to control. My option was to opt for some Kona Project 2's for Rumplestiltskin Jnr. but I decided to go with the Judy's.

As for braking, well I sure as hell just left the brakes that were on there originally, as they were damn fine. I tuned them to hell and beyond (not radio one tee hee) and if I said stop, I stopped!

The rear derailier on Rumplestiltskin Jnr. needed replacing after my first race, so I whacked a 98 Shimano Reverse Pull XTR derailier on there, and after some getting used to, it was WICKEDDDDDDDD (dude tee hee).

All in all... One damn fine bike.

Well worth the £50 to the thief that stole it for me. Only kidding, this bike put me £1100 overdrawn tee hee.

• Joseppi published 17/07/2001
    i thought this was a very objective view on the bike. It has helped me greatly in attempting to fing a bike which is right for me!
  • cheekypixies published 25/02/2001
    LOL :) The Rumple Stiltskin thing was a bit of a novelty thing. I have recently got a new bike, and wanted to call that something different. Any ideas? The bike is a Connondale :)
  • magicaltoast published 20/02/2001
    Cool. From your opinion, I guess that I would let this bike rumple my stiltskin any day of the week!

offers "Kona Explosif"