Konad Nail Art Double Ended Stamper & Scraper

Review of "Konad Nail Art Double Ended Stamper & Scraper"

published 14/01/2017 | beautybuff
Member since : 22/03/2014
Enjoying life, busy working full time and having fun with my family and always on the lookout for new beauty innovations!
Pro Good fun
Cons Can be a bit fiddly

"Stamping set"

Konad Nail Art Double Ended Stamper & Scraper

Konad branded items were the first polishes and stampers I bought when I first got in to nail art and specifically stamping. This set, I bought from Amazon a few years ago and it got me in to the stamping using the plates I bought.

What?
Perhaps I am confusing you already, let me take a small step back. Stamping on to nails is a very effective nail art but it requires a few supplies namely: etched plates, stamping pads, scrapers and special polish. You use these together to stamp a design on to the nail.

This set
This set is a double ended stamper and scraper. It is handy because sometimes you only want to stamp a single image (like a leaf) on to the end in which case you'd use the small end. Or alternatively a full pattern on to the whole nail so you would use the large end. You use the scraper on the plate to remove excess polish from your image before picking up the design on to the padded stamper.

In use
This is a simple kit to use, with the help of some YouTube videos I managed to get it working. They are easy to clean up with a bit of normal nail polish remover and some cotton wool pads.

Availability and price
You can still pick up the sets for just under £10 on Amazon although I bought mine a few years ago.

My thoughts
I have moved on from this style stamper and scraper now for a few reasons. I have a giant pad that picks up a bigger design and I find it a lot easier to use especially with the picture plates which have a whole image on them rather than the individual nail patterns as my nails are quite long so the stampers in this set are not really big enough if I want a full design on my nails. You can also buy clear stampers which help with placement of the design on the nail and with this one it's a bit of guess work!

Final word
For the money, it's OK but most will prefer the clear stampers if they want to be more precise. Some stampers don't pick up the design and I did get this one to work properly so that definitely goes in their favour!

Pictures
These were all done using this stamping set in 2015 but I have moved on a bit now and use a bigger stamp which copes better with my longer nails!

• euphie published 23/01/2017