The overall rating of a review is different from a simple average of all individual ratings.
Share this review on
This is a great tongue in cheek lego replication of the three classic Indiana Jones original adventures, brought to us by Lucas Arts, the manufacturers of the ingenious Lego star wars.
Can be played in 1 player mode or 2 player mode and is fun for all the family enjoying humurous lego moments throughout.
Each chapter of the story has 6 levels where Indy embarks on an adventure along with the help of his friends (a total of 60) bringing unique abilities to each level to help him find treasure and artefacts, battle with his enemies and solve puzzles. Each character has the ability to build things, swim, climb and shimmy along rock faces, as well as the ability to turn their environment into weapons by picking up chairs to throw or guns to fire, along with many many more.
In each level you can break up lego and release coins and hearts to power up your character, and also reveal useful objects such as spades or spanners or lego that can be built into something to aid you in your quest. Collect treasure chests to build artefacts and mailboxes to unlock additional features. Completing each level unlocks freeplay which allows you to go back into the level as any character you like to retrieve additional treasure only accessible by certain characters.
"'About the adventures"'
1. Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the lost ark 1. Lost Temple Indiana begins his adventure in the South American Jungle in search of a Golden Idol with his guide Satipo. Together they solve puzzles and fight their way through traps as they make their way to the lost temple of the chipuayan warriors where the idol is resting. Indy attempts to replace the idol with another artifact of a similar size and shape but just as it seems to have worked, the temple begins to crumble all around them and they have to dash out of the temple with a giant boulder in hot pursuit. It becomes apparent when Indy and Satipo escape the temple and are greeted by Rene Belloq, Indy's arch archeological rival and forced to hand over the idol hat Satipo has betrayed Indiana. Luckily Indy's friend Jock shows up and the two of them escape in a nearby sea plane.
2. Into the Mountains, After having returned home Dr Henry Jones (Indy) finds himself back at Barnett college teaching his students, when he receives a request to embark on a new adventure and to go in search of the long lost ark of the covenant. Indy begins his adventure in Nepal where he runs into his old love Marion who is in posession of the headpiece of the staff of Ra, which has the ability to reveal where the ark is hidden. indy and Marion find themselves face to face with Major Toht who has secretly followed Indy to Nepal and barely escape with their lives. They leave and make their way into the Mountains.
3. City of Danger After having escaped Nepal and travelling through the Mountains, Indy and Marion go in search of their friend Sallah who is located in Cairo. German Soldiers are still hot on their heels and they are chased through the streets of Cairo. Indy does his best but is unable to prevent Marion from being captured by the German soldiers.
4. The Well of Souls Indiana and Sallah continue on their adventure without Marion, and stumble upon the resting place of the ark of the covenant (the well of souls). As Sallah climbs back out of the well after their discovery he finds himself face to face with Belloq who once again take what indy has found - the ark. Indiana is still down the well and Marion is thrown in with him as the Germans place the stone lid back over the opening of the well.
5. Pursuing the Ark After finding their way out of the well of souls Indiana and Marion find themselves faced with having to fight their way through the German camps in their attempt to locate the Ark and take it back. Just as they find the Ark on a nearby transport plane, they are faced with a very large, very scary looking German boxer who has to be defeated before they can continue on their quest to save the Ark from the Germans. Sallah shows up just as Indy has defeated the boxer to help him catch up with the truck that is now speeding away with the ark in tow. It's a race to save the Ark.
6. Opening the Ark Once again, whilst Indy is attempting to take the Ark to safety, German soldiers turn up in a German submarine, taking the Ark and Marion along with it. Indiana is not captured and manages to sneak his way onto the submarine as it heads back to a German submarine base. Indiana cleverly disguises himself as a German soldier in an attempt to escape with Marion, but the pair are discovered by Belloq. Belloq opens the ark, but to his disadvantage all manner of ghostly beings escape and scare the Germans until they break apart with fear. Indiana and Marion are now free to transport the Ark home.
2. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom 1. Shanghai Showdown As the title suggests, this time Indy's adventure begins in Shanghai where he is attempting to exchange the urn of Hirachi with Lao Che for a rare diamond. Indy is tricked by Lao into drinking poison and gets sick fast. Lao demands the Diamond back in exchange for the anti-dote. In this level Indy makes a new friend, Willie Scott who helps him to deliver the diamond back in exchange for the cure and escape the club. Outside prepared with a getaway car is Indy's little friend short round who helps them escape to the airport with Lao's henchman hot on their heels.
2. Pankot Secrets After having escaped to the airport, Indy Willie and Short round find themselves on a plane out of Shanghai, but unfortunately for them it belongs to Lao Che and the pilots bail out with the only parachutes. Indy and his friends are forced to jump out of the plane with only an inflatable raft to break their fall. Their fall is broken by a soft snow patch on the side of the mountain and the raft slides all the way down into an indian Village. It is here that Indy is told about the sacred Sankara stones by the village elder which have been lost along with children from the village. Indy, Willie and Short Round agree to help the village and head off in search of the Sankara stones and the missing children which takes them to Pankot palace.
3. The Temple of Kali The three friends stumble upon a secret passage inside the palace after some investigation, and find themselves wandering down below until they reach the Thuggee temple where the Sankara stones are being kept. Willie is captured by the Thuggee's and as well as retrieving the Sankot stones Indy and Short round now have to rescue Willie and escape the Thuggee temple.
4. Free The Slaves After having successfully freeing Willie Indy and his friends escape into the mines of the temple with the Sankara stones and discover that this is where the missing children are. Short round is captured by the Thugees as Indy and the gang try to free the children and he needs to be rescued along with the rest of the children. They are faced with a nasty gaurd who they have to defeat before they can escape the mines through the mine cart tunnel.
5. Escape the mines The three friends manage to escape to the mine cart tunnels but first have to build a couple of mine carts to aid them in their escape. They jump in the carts and go whizzing through the mines only to find themselves at a dead end. What do they do now?
6. Battle on the Bridge In a desperate attempt to stop the ever fast moving cart from crashing into the dead end barrier after discovering that it has no brakes, Indiana's quick thinking has him using his shoes as a mine cart brake. They successfully stop the cart but have to escape the river of water that has been released into the tunnels by Mola Ram in an attempt to flush Indy and the gang out. The only exit available to them is on the edge of a cliff, they manage to climb their way to the top of the cliff and dash through the jungle in a bid to escape the Thuggees. On approaching the rope bridge Indiana and co come face to face with Mola Ram and his thuggee gang on the other side of the bridge. Using the stones Indiana manages to stop Mola Ram and they all make it to the other side safely, with the stones that can now be returned to the village.
3. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade 1. The Crypt of Sir Richard In this adventure Indiana is on a quest to find his dad, Henry Jones senior, who he hopes will help him search for the holy grail, along with his friends marcus brodie. Their search begins in Venice where they team up with Dr. Elsa Schneider who takes them to the main library. The diary of Indy's dad indicates that this is where the crypt of sir Richard is secretly buried. X literally marks the spot in the big library luring Indy and Elsa down underneath the building as they enter into the secret crypt. They make their way through the dark and dingy underground tunnels to find the tomb of sir Richard. They leave the crypt and all of a sudden find themselves being chased by the brotherhood and embark on a speedboat chase throught the canals of venice.
2. Castle Rescue After his boat runs into Trouble and he is rescued by Indy, Kazim, A member of the brotherhood returns the favour and helps Indy. Indy discovers that his dad is being held captive at Castle Brunwald and heads off to rescue him. With Elsa's help they break into the castle and find Indy's dad but Elsa betrays Indiana and he too finds himself tied up alongside his dad. Another tricky situation for the hero to get himself out of.
3. Motorcycle escape Indiana and his dad find some motorbikes in a motorbike garage and flee the castle on them with the german soldiers following closely behind as they whizz through the German countryside in their desperate attempt to make it in one piece to the Zeppelin airfield.
4. Trouble in the sky Indiana and Henry senior are discovered trying to escape Germany on the Zeppelin and make their escape in a bi-plane suspended from the Zeppelin instead. Indiana crashes into a farm house and the father and son have to continue their escape on the ground. German piolets are flying overhead trying to stop them from escaping. Finally they make it to safety.
5. Desert Ambush Indy's friend Marcus Brodie lost in the desert is captured by German Soldiers while Indy and his dad are escaping Germany. Indiana, Sallah and Henry senior head off in search of him and in their travels come across the location of the holy grail. Indy's dad also ends up being captured. Indy and Sallah attempt to save both Marcus and Henry Senior but find themselves trapped on top of an armoured personnel carrier as it speeds towards a cliff edge. How will they ever get out of this one?
6. Temple of the Grail The gang make their way to the Canyon of the crescent moon where the holy grail is hidden. Indiana and Sallah make their way through the canyon solving all manner of puzzles and challenges along the way. Indy makes his way to the exact location of the holy grail and comes face to face with its gaurdian, who has been gaurding the grail until a worthy successor arrives. Indy chooses wisely and saves his father but finds that the grail cannot be taken from the Canyon and so it has to be left behind while they escape and head for home once again bringing them to the end of their adventure.
As can be seen from my description of the levels above it really is as though you are Indiana starring in your own version of these three classic original adventures. Great fun and a bit challenging I have to admit, at some bits you really have to think about what's happening and take a good look around to see what you can use to help you escape traps, solve puzzles and battle with your enemies. Provides hours of fun and the time really does fly by when you're playing this game. One of the great things is there are always new things to be discovered during freeplay. I think it may be quite some time before I've completed 100% so definately good value for money. Plenty of gameplay and loads of fun and entertainment for the whole family.