LG Cookie KP500

LG Cookie KP500

Review of "LG Cookie KP500"

published 31/05/2009 | stephenh12
Member since : 18/02/2009
Pro Light, compact, stylish, easy to use.
Cons Qwerty key board a bit small for fat fingers
Look & Feel
Durability & Robustness
Battery standby time
Battery talktime

"Lg cookie, very tasty"

The lg cookie (KP500) is the poor mans iphone.
When I felt it was time to get a new phone I thought I would look on the review sites, such as ciao and others and every site seemed to say about the lg cookie, so I scoured the net for the price and found it between £90 - £110, thought not too bad, but then on o2 it was £25 pounds a month on a 24 month contract (600 mins + unlimited texts + ps3).
When I received the phone it came with a battery, charger, usb cable, software to put on the pc to drag and drop pictures, music, etc. also a plastic cover for the touch screen (which I am glad of as I have heard that some touch screens tend to scratch and I cant handle a case, by the time you get it out of the case they have rung of).
When I put the battery in the phone, the first thing I noticed was how light it was. When you turn on the phone you have to do two things, the first is to press a button at the bottom of the phone then there is a button on the touch screen (so it is not that easy to turn it on in you’re pocket). On turning on the phone, after setting the time and calibrating the touch screen the next thing I noticed was how bright the screen was even when out side in the bright sunshine (some phones I’ve had you can not see even in dim light).
Another thing I was worried about was that my fingers were going to be to fat for the buttons on the touch screen but the only time I found this to be problem was, when you do a text message if you turn the phone on its side the text screen turns into a qwerty key board and I found it hard to hit the right button, but they have thought of this by putting a stylus in the base of the phone. Apart from that I found I had no trouble at all with the buttons.
The camera itself is as basic as they say, but myself I have a Nikon D50 for taking pictures of quality, to me a camera on a phone is showing the latest snap shot of you’re toddler not for doing a 12 by 12 poster, as for a flash on a phone surely taking a dozen pictures with flash will take the life out of battery, to me all it is, is a fun thing. When you view you’re pictures if you turn the phone on its side the picture turns into a panoramic view and with a slide of a finger on the screen you can turn the page to the next photo.
The battery life seems very good but still don’t know as my little one keeps hogging the phone for hours, for the games (which she says are very good). It also has the net and e-mail facilities, but to me I have got a laptop to do all that sort of thing, it also has an fm radio, calculator, currency converter, drawing panel (which my little one also likes to draw funny faces on).
The sound is crystal clear on the phone to me, compared with phones I have had in the past, you can also insert an 8gbt micro SD card, extra memory for music, pictures, games, etc.
To be honest I like it, it’s light, compact, stylish, and easy to use, and still finding little treats every time I turn it on, I would recommend this phone to anyone.

• Young_1 published 01/05/2010
    Nice review, thanks for writing!
  • becky_tredget published 31/05/2009