LG GM360 Viewty Snap

LG GM360 Viewty Snap

Review of "LG GM360 Viewty Snap"

published 08/12/2010 | ms19
Member since : 02/03/2002
Rate me and il try to rate you back :-) x
Good
Pro good connection, nice appearance
Cons battery life
Look & Feel
Durability & Robustness
Battery standby time
Battery talktime

"Good Value Phone"

I had a fantastic phone up until the other week when my phone decided to break on my and stop working. I hadn’t backed up anything but had hoped with saving some things to my memory card that I would be fine. I am with O2 already and wanted to stick with them and keep my SIM card so I rushed into the store to see what I could get. I am on a contract anyway so it was just a case of being able to buy a phone that was ready to put my SIM card into.

However, I still wanted a lot of the features of my old phone but didn’t have hundreds to go mad with. I didn’t have enough for an iPhone or a Blackberry so decided to ask the sales assistant what to recommend for me. I want a nice looking phone and wanted a touch screen still as once I have had one I couldn’t go back to buttons. So, she showed me the LG GM360 which is not a model I had ever seen before but I have had an LG phone before so was quite happy to buy this model.

The phone itself is actually very nice to look at it is slim and rectangular with the screen being most of the phone and 3 buttons on the bottom. It also has the side buttons for quick camera and volume controls and of course a power button but otherwise it is a nice silver phone.

When getting this my memory card was not transferred with all of my data on it which annoyed me a bit but I wanted to know what features the phone had to offer.
FEATURES

This phone comes with a headset, a charger which also is a USB cable in one and then an installation disc for the LG PC Suite. Now, the first thing I did with this phone was charge it up as you can’t really do much if you can’t get a battery life on it. I tested the camera in the shop to check how good it was and this was better than my old phone, being 5 megapixels so the pictures are very sharp quality and the colour is good on them to. You can also edit these and get them just how you want them so it is really good.

The touch screen was a bit difficult at first as it doesn’t always seem to register when you tap things but it is just a case of persevering. The phone I was told when I bought it that it had Wi-Fi but it actually doesn’t which is a main thing I wanted on my phone. It does have internet which you have to pay for like most phones unless it is included in your contract but the layout for the internet wasn’t that great so I tend to not use this.

The main screen of the phone slides to three different screens, you just pick which you want. I keep mine on the main screen and change the wallpapers. Like all phones this comes with apps so you can drop your most used apps into the box at the bottom or drag them out to the main screen, it is quite good.

The alarm clock on this is quite good as well, it always works and it always wakes me up as it is quite loud. One thing I hate with this phone already is that when you don’t use it for about a minute it automatically locks the screen so even if someone rings you, you have to keep unlocking the screen if you want to access other menus. I am sure I could alter the settings and fix this but at the moment I don’t like this.

There is Bluetooth on this like all phones which seems to work really well and you know if you have left it on as the icon appears. The volume controls are good on this phone too as it can go really loud if you need it to or you can change it to lower it. You can set up your e-mails on this phone as well if you want to which is handy if you are on the go.

You can assign photos to contacts and adding contacts is very easy to do, I transferred all of mine very easily. The phone always alerts you if you have a missed call or new messages so that you don’t forget about them. If you are in a call it makes a distinct tone to let you know you have received a message while talking.

Texting on this phone is simple; it is annoying with the touch screen as I find I am not as quick as I used to be with my last phone. I think the send button is in an awkward place and I always seem to hit it by accident rather than the letter above it. Texting can be quite difficult with this and I don’t like the font for texting but other than that it is ok. It saves all sent messages so memory can fill up quick but luckily there is a delete all feature to help get rid of messages quickly. You can also delete messages in your inbox by ticking all at once to save you opening and deleting individually.

The other features on this I like are the ringtones/message tones, there are a good few on here but adding music was a nightmare. The LG Suite is not very good I don’t recommend using this too add songs but I did it through Windows Media Player and my songs went on right away so I could use these for my ringtones instead.

Like most phones, you can look at your organiser where you will get your calendar and then there is the calculator feature and you have a drawing panel which you can use as well. You get radio on this phone too if you want to use it. I always find the signal on my phone is really good and it never gets cut off so that is better than my last phone. You can also create a speed dial list for your most used contacts and the overall appearance is nice on this phone and easy to navigate with everything being clearly headed.

The only problems I have with the phone are the texting being awkward as I said before and the battery life is not the best. I will fully charge my phone every night and within 24 hours it will be onto 1 bar which is not good at all considering some phones can last for 2 days when full charged, I find myself forever charging this phone.
COST

If you do need a new phone with a good range of apps on it then this phone is an alright model. I bought mine at the O2 shop for £85 which I didn’t think was bad for a sleek and sophisticated looking phone which is so far so good. The price is good for a reliable phone with a reasonable amount of features and a very good camera.

If you want anymore information on this phone you can’t buy it from the O2 website you will have to go into the actual store but you can go to http://www.lg.com and get information on all of their products and more.

• 80smusicreviewer published 17/10/2011
    Excellent review. E.
  • moistbabe published 10/12/2010
    Back with your E x
  • charlsayslol published 09/12/2010
    Un review fantástico. E.

Product Information : LG GM360 Viewty Snap

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then pick up th LG Viewty Snap and capture that memory. With a 5 mega pixel camera, LED Flash and optic all zoom. This intelligent camera gives you the freedom to take pictures without sacrificing quality. With LG's Social Network service, you can stay connected by sharing your best moments with family and friends. Life's better when you see, shoot and share with the LG Viewty Snap.

Long Name: GM360 Viewty Snap, GT400 Viewty Smile

Wireless Interface: Bluetooth

Input Device(s): Touch sensitive screen

Playback Digital Standards: MP3

Display: LCD display - colour - 3" - TFT

Band: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 (Quadband)

Technology: GSM

Weight: 94 g, 87 g, 95

Dimensions (WxDxH): 53 mm x 12 mm x 108 mm

Form Factor: Touch

Service Provider: Tesco Mobile, Not specified

Product Type: Mobile phone

Product Description: LG Viewty Snap GM360 - purple - GSM - mobile phone, LG GM360 - black - GSM - mobile phone, LG Viewty Snap GM360 - black - GSM - mobile phone

Supported Memory Card: microSDHC - up to 16 GB

Cellular

Input Device(s): Touch screen , resistive

Software Platforms Supported: Java MIDP 2.1

Service Provider: Tesco Mobile, Not specified

Band: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 (Quadband)

Technology: GSM

Communications

Wireless Interface: Bluetooth, Bluetooth 2.1 EDR

Communication Features: Mobile Email client, Internet browser

Data Transmission: GPRS, EDGE

Bluetooth Profiles: Dial-up Networking Profile (DUN), File Transfer Profile (FTP), Hands Free Profile (HFP), Headset Profile (HSP), Object Push Profile (OPP), Serial Port Profile (SPP), Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP), Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP), SIM Access Profile (SAP), Basic Printing Profile (BPP)

Organiser

Phone Book Entries Qty: 1000

Personal Information Management: Calendar, synchronization with PC, calculator, reminder, stopwatch, currency conversion, alarm clock

Received Calls Memory: 100

User Memory: 60 MB

Digital Camera

Rear-facing Camera Resolution: 5 Megapixel

Features: Video recording, macro function

Video Recorder Resolutions: 176 x 144 (QCIF), 320 x 240 (QVGA)

Camera Light Source: LED light

White Balance: Automatic, presets

Special Effects: Negative, Black & White, Sepia, Emboss, Vivid, Antique, Sketch, Water Colour, Cartoon

Self Timer Delay: 10 sec, 3sec, 5 sec

Diagonal Size: 3"

Technology: TFT

Type: LCD display - colour

Features: Wallpaper, screen saver

Display Languages: Danish, Hungarian, Czech, Croatian, Indonesian, Slovak, English, German, French, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Polish, Finnish, Swedish, Russian, Spanish, Dutch, Greek, Turkish, Estonian, Serbian, Romanian, Macedonian

Multi-language Menu: Yes

Colour Depth: 262,144 colours

Connections

Connector Type: USB ¦ Headset jack

Battery

Run Time Details: Talk ( GSM ) - up to 300 min ¦ Standby ( GSM ) - up to 300 hrs

Capacity: 900 mAh

Technology: Lithium Ion

Miscellaneous

Included Accessories: Power adapter

Phone Features

Additional Features: Intelligent Typing (T9), picture editor, multitasking

Polyphonic Ringer: Yes

Phone Functions: Speakerphone, call timer, conference call, voice dialing, vibrating alert

Ring Tone Formats: MP3