LG Shine KE970

LG Shine KE970

Review of "LG Shine KE970"

published 19/06/2007 | Alfieabbott
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Stylish, great features, damn cool
Cons scratchability.
Look & Feel
Durability & Robustness
Battery standby time
Battery talktime

"Love Shines!"

The LG shine is an impressively functional and stylish phone, which I have been more had ever since I purchased it on an O2 contract three months ago. This is a really well finished product whose design will impress you from the moment you take it out of its funky box and put it on charge, where what moments ago looked to be a mirrored face transforms to show you the stylist and fluid flash background wallpapers or electric blue logo. Anybody who's had then LG phone in the past will find this easy to come accustomed to as the menu follows themes set by previous models like the chocolate, and don't worry if you haven't got any experienced because the menu is very intuitive allowing you to select features either using scrollbar and buttons on the front face of the phone or just to select numbers for the corresponding subheadings. The phone comes back with many features that you would expect from a high-end high-priced model like this. The phone is also a very nice size and weight,it is thin enough to fit comfortably in your pocket without seeming flimsy, light enough to forget its there but it still feels substantial in your hand.

Instruction menu is very clear and you are given a quick start guide as well, both of these are black with blue or white writing it is very in keeping with the colour scheme of the LG shine. The start guide offers a getting to know your phone section and also a multimedia guide on the back which quickly details how to take pictures, use the MP3 playe,r use the video camera, use the voice recording feature and use the file transferring feature. This is useful if you're someone like me who likes to get technology up the box and dive straight in. The more detailed manual is very clear descriptions of how to use all the features on the phone which I can highly recommend.

The battery life is phone really impressed me of all the mobile phones I have had in the past, I must say that it easily lasts the longest. It is a lithium by battery and after a full charge will give me up to three days of use even with a reasonable amount of texting. Even if you do decide to use this phone as an MP3 player, about an hour a day you'll still hardly touch the battery life. The standard memory capacity on this phone is also very good I constantly have quite a few pictures and the odd movie on it and can still up to 150 text messages before prompts me to delete. Furthermore there is a space under the sim card for additional memory cards if you ever feel the need for deciding into space for extra MP3 capacity.

I had a contract without and as far as the web facilities go I had absolutely no problem with this phone, the online experience is very fast and efficient and really doesn't cost me any money at all due to this. Also I get very good reception in almost all areas unless I'm staying in the couple of blackspots I know that my friends house which is in the middle of a forest anyway.

The text messaging on this phone is pretty easy to use and if you use the Nokia type patterns, I am very at home with this but don't ask me to try anything on motarolla because I will be there all-night. Making calls are easy as well especially since you can't self cancel due to the fact that there are no sensitive buttons like on the chocolate. There is plenty of space to store multiple numbers under each contact, form groups, and edit details quickly and easily.

This phone features a two megapixel camera, this may not match up to some of the more powerful Sony Ericsson cameras you get out there, but in good light it takes very nice pictures. There is still that classic and annoying mobile phone characteristic of taking a picture, the picture to be perfect and in two seconds later jogging into a bit of blur. The menu to the camera however really reminds me of any other digital camera, but it really doesn't perform that well in dark conditions. The flash featured like a lot of other mobile phones just involves you turning on a light which stays on like a torch while you take the picture. It is really more useful when you're trying to find the keyhole in the dark than when taking photos I must say!

The video camera features in this phone is again pretty good but very reliant like the camera on a light conditions. As long as you have sufficient memory, you can take some pretty long up to three minutes or so videos while still not impairing message capacity to degree. The sound on the videos are not too bad either the due to the very small mic you do get that classic echo the feel. It is still however vast leap forward to some other mobile phones of as soon as a year ago.

For extra communication facilities this phone has Bluetooth and also the ability to connect via USB to a computer. Once connected to the computer the phone converts to massed storage device and can no longer take calls or send or receive messages. In this mode you can transfer pictures and videos between the computer and the phone, if you know a bit about Macromedia Flash you can even design your own moving backgrounds to transfer them to phone or cut bits of your favourite songs and making new ring tones.

The MP3 player this phone is pretty get and you do get pretty good sound without headphones, but if you're into your music and want clarity I definitely recommend using the headphones are you get with it. If you're going to use this feature on this phone I recommend buying an additional memory card of the me it hasn't replaced my iPod yet. The headphones that you get with the phone a very good, and connect to the phone via the battery charge and USB hole. They look great and I wish they were longer said I could use on other devices I have.

One of my initial concerns after buying this phone was taking off the plastic cover on the Mirror screen, I managed to keep this on for about month through sheer fear of scratching the face. To my horror that after this time he was in such a tattered state they had to come off. Ever since this cover has come off though I must say the phone stood up to everything my pocket has thrown at it, only some very minor scratches the you would have to look very closely at the phone to observe.

I'd definitely recommend this phone especially now that it has come down in price quite a bit since coming out. I'm very glad that I got insurance when I took out a contract so that if anything happens to my shine I'll get another one! Another thing you might find useful to know about this time is that it is tri-band which will help you to go to another country. This is most definitely a shining example of Korean technology, so cool, so stylish , must have.

• kimbahop published 06/07/2007
    I want this phone but im worried about scratches and fingerprints! Plus ive only ever had nokia phones. Great review X
  • lilwatchergirl published 28/06/2007
    Useful review - thanks.
  • Expired-Account published 20/06/2007
    Sounds good but think I'll be sticking with Nokia

Product Information : LG Shine KE970

LG Shine (model: KE970) is a handset in LG's premium Black Label series of mobile phones. Shine - a stunning, full-metal bodied slider phone - offers mobile users the best of both worlds with amazing looks and a high technical specification including expandable memory (MicroSD card) and an auto focus camera. When closed, Shine oozes sophistication with a perfectly reflective 2.2" screen. Slide open the super-thin brushed metal body and the 'magic mirror' full color screen comes to life, while Shine's keys are bathed in a cool blue light. Access to Shine's menu system is by an easy-to-use multi-function scroll key. Also, Shine's equipped with a comprehensive media player with multi-codec support (MP3, WAV and ACC++) and real spectrum display. Shine supports GPRS and EDGE network compatibility, Bluetooth and USB connectivity.

Product Description: LG Shine KE970 - GSM - mobile phone, LG Shine KE970 - gold - GSM - mobile phone, LG Shine KE970 - silver - GSM - mobile phone

Product Type: Mobile phone

Software Platforms Supported: Java MIDP 2.0, Java

Messaging & Internet

Cellular Messaging Services: MMS, EMS, SMS

WAP Protocol Supported: WAP 2.0

Messaging & Data Features: XHTML Browser, PDF support, Microsoft Word support, Microsoft Excel support, Microsoft PowerPoint support

Downloadable Content: Themes, ring tones

Communications

Data Transmission: GPRS, EDGE

Wireless Interface: Bluetooth

Bluetooth Profiles: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)

Communication Features: Mobile Email client

Phone Features

Phone Functions: Call timer, vibrating alert

Polyphonic Ringer: Yes

Polyphonic Ring Tone Voice Qty: 40

Ring Tone Formats: WAV, MP3, AAC

Additional Features: Intelligent Typing (T9), SIM application toolkit (STK)

Organiser

Run Time Details: Talk - up to 160 min ¦ Standby - up to 280 hrs

Miscellaneous

Included Accessories: Hand strap, headset, USB cable, power adapter

Listed on Ciao since: 22/12/2011

LG Shine KE970 - Review - Love Shines!

Alfieabbo... 4

Alfieabbott

Member since:01.01.1970

Love Shines!

19.06.2007

Advantages:
Stylish, great features, damn cool

Disadvantages:
scratchability .

Look & Feel

1. David0
  2. Soho_Black
  3. kimbahop
  1. lilwatchergirl

Write your own review Report a problem with this reviews content

kimbahop 06.07.2007 12:44